The folks at Experian Marketing Services recently shared some interesting data with us. We thought you might find it interesting as well. The following data details the percentage of search terms related to "return policy" over the last few weeks. This data might be interesting to retailers combating the "post holiday lull" as well as the massive rush to return gifted items. Are you a retailer dealing with a rush to return?
Search Terms Containing "return policy" in the last 4 weeks ending 12/31/12.
1. Amazon return policy (9.29% of all return policy searches)
2. Best Buy return policy (5.14% of all searches)
3. Walmart return policy (4.77%)
4. Macy's return policy (1.89%)
5. Target return policy (1.83%)
6. Newegg return policy (1.59%)
7. GameStop return policy (1.58%)
8. Dillard's return policy (1.58%)
9. Lowe's return policy (1.56%)
10. Target return policy (1.56%)
+ Last year, the top ten return policy for the same period were:
2) Best Buy
4) JC Penney
6) Best Buy
8) Home Depot
9) Bed, Bath, and Beyond
+ Last year at this time, Walmart represented 13% of all return policy searches. No other company had more than 3.44%.
+ This year, No company had more than 10% of all searches.