This document contains instructional notes to edit listings or articles on www.pointofsale.com.
If your company is already listed, follow the steps below. If your company is not listed, but would like to be, click here.
Steps to editing your company listing:
1. You must be a Registered user of the site. To become a Registered User, click on "Entry" in the Footer Menu below, and then click Register. Follow the instructions and then return here.
2. When you have Registered, send an email by clicking here and let us know which company you are associated with and we will link your User ID to the page for the company listing. This will usually take less than 1 business day.
3. Once your User Id has been linked to the Company page, you will receive an email. You can then Log In to www.pointofsale.com (go to ENTRY on the Footer Menu).
4. After Logging In, go to your Company Listing page. You will see a little pencil icon. Click on that icon to Edit the page.
5. You may now begin editing your page. Save your changes every ten or fifteen minutes. The system will log you out for inactivity.
6. Your screen will look something like this. Do NOT change the publishing setting, the Category setting , or ANY other settings. This is VERY important. You MAY change the Meta Data and Keywords. Changing other settings may cause the loss of your editing privileges.
To begin editing your content, place your cursor in the editing box. (This does not work on iPads.) To create a link, highlight the text you want to link, and either "right mouse click" to get a drop down menu and click "Insert or Edit Link" or click on the chain icon (on the 3rd row).
To insert an Image, place the cursor where you want to place the Image and right mouse click, then choose Insert/Edit Image. (see notes on this below).
How to upload an image:Below a JPG file which shows how to edit/insert an image. Once you place the cursor where you want the image, you just right-mouse-click and there is a little drop down menu, including options to Edit or Insert an Image.
Other suggestions : Avoid importing text from Word, it will bring in all kinds of unwanted control characters. Use the little button with the "W" to import Word content. It will strip out most of the unneeded characters.
The system will log you out every half hour, so be sure to save your edits.
Please note that use of an iPad for editing may not work.
To create LINKS, highlight the text you want as a link, then right-click your mouse and choose INSERT/EDIT Link. This will open up a box. Enter the link , including the http://www in the top line. The rest you can leave alone, or you can change the setting below to Open in a new window.