By Charlotte A. F. Farley
By the spring of 2017, strategically selected markets in Southern California will have access to Vingoo’s Vitamin C Chargers systems. The Vitamin C chargers are digital, interactive vending machines that peel, squeeze, and juice whole oranges in less than 45 seconds.
Vingoo premiered its digital citrus kiosk to the North American market at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada in January, displaying an operation that marries together an inventive business model, integrated planning, supply chain management, and the latest digital payment solutions.
The Shanghai, China-based company operates more than 2000 Vitamin-C-Chargers across 125 cities in China. Vingoo says it will procure premium oranges from local orchards in the U.S. as well as other international markets.
Thirsty consumers won’t have to worry about digging up change for a quick glass of o.j.; a simple swipe of a major credit card, a Vingoo giftcard, or ApplePay will work as payment for the cup of freshly-squeezed orange juice.
While this is a new venture in North America, Vingoo sells “about 2 million cups of freshly squeezed orange juice every month across all major metropolitan cities in China" for a total of 67 million cups sold nationwide since the company’s inception 2010, according to Vingoo founder and CEO Zhou Qi.
Its technology platform enables operating partners to have full back-end database access to manage day-to-day operation. The technology received patents in China; currently, the patent is pending in the U.S.
Vingoo has collaborated with GRDigital, a U.S. based digital consultancy, to expand business strategies, marketing efforts, and technology solutions customized for a North American marketplace. "We have created a comprehensive digital ecosystem to address today's ever-changing consumer behaviors," said Gerard Sun, president of GRDigital.
The company has been building digital technology platforms in both hardware and software for fully automated digital vending machines since 2010.
Other point of sale articles of interest:
- Clearent Enters Agreement to Acquire Payment Alliance Int'l's Merchant Services Division
- Reflexis and Pricer Combine Technologies to Improve Retail Store...
- 2017 ASI Reseller Conference will be full of educational sessions, networking and fun
- Mastercard & Gilead Pilot Program for Digitized Healthcare
- Nvoicepay Transforms Supplier Payments with Mastercard inControl for Commercial Payments
- Restaurant Technologies Forecasts the Year of the Smarter Kitchen at NAFEM Show 2017
- Growing Wild Garden Supply Brings in Epicor POS Software to Optimize Growth
- Retail POS Terminals Market to Hit $45bn by 2024: Global Market Insights Inc.