7-Eleven® Gives Unbanked Access to Online Shopping with Amazon Cash
The process is simple. To load money into their Amazon account, customers present their personalized Amazon barcode to a 7-Eleven cashier along with the money they wish to load. That amount of Amazon Cash will immediately appear in their online Amazon account and be available for use. Between $15 and $500 can be loaded in a single transaction, with no fees charged.
“7-Eleven has long been an advocate for giving customers many options on how to pay for products and services,” said Tony Stapleton, 7-Eleven senior product director. “7-Eleven constantly updates and introduces new forms of payments to respond to continued shifts in customer preferences, life styles, and adoption of new technologies.”
7-Eleven began offering online shoppers in-store conveniences five years ago when it installed bright yellow Amazon Lockers at select locations for package deliveries. First installed in stores in Seattle and Manhattan, the Lockers are now available in select stores in more than 300 cities. The Lockers provide access so customers can pick up their purchases at times convenient to them.
For consumers wanting to give the gift of Amazon, 7-Eleven also carries prepaid gift cards in two designs, the classic “A” card and a “Happy Birthday” version. The cards are fee-free, never expire, and are available in multiple denominations; from $25 to $500 can be loaded and redeemed for millions of items storewide on Amazon.com.
About 7-Eleven, Inc.
7-Eleven, Inc. is the premier name and largest chain in the convenience-retailing industry. Based in Irving, Texas, 7-Eleven® operates, franchises or licenses more than 63,000 stores in 18 countries, including 10,900 in North America. Known for its iconic brands such as Slurpee®, Big Bite® and Big Gulp®, 7-Eleven has expanded into high-quality salads, side dishes, cut fruit and protein boxes, as well as pizza, chicken wings, cheeseburgers and hot chicken sandwiches. 7-Eleven offers customers industry-leading private brand products under the 7-Select® brand including healthy options, decadent treats and everyday favorites, at an outstanding value. Customers also count on 7- Eleven for payment services, self-service lockers and other convenient services. Find out more online at www.7-Eleven.com, via the 7Rewards® customer loyalty platform on the 7-Eleven mobile app, or on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Other Point of Sale News:
- High inflation than strong volumes will drive Christmas spend this year
- June20 Launches New Converge Platform to Revolutionize Consumer Retail Experience
- Mastercard Adds Former CIA Deputy Director as Senior Advisor
- Eight Teams Named Semi-Finalists for NRF Foundation’s 2018 Student Challenge
- Retail Jobs Decline in October as Hurricanes Continue to Skew Numbers
- Mastercard Adds Former CIA Deputy Director as Senior Advisor | Global Hub
- Gift Cards Market Forecast, 2016-2023
- Rambus Collaborates with Samsung Canada and Interac to Help Deliver Samsung Pay in Canada
- Acquisition Creates Thermal Receipt Industry Leader
- Retailers Welcome Tax Bill,Call Tax Reform by Christmas ‘Perfect Present’ for U.S. Economy
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/7-eleven-gives-unbanked-access-to-online-shopping-with-amazon-cash-300549965.html
SOURCE 7-Eleven, Inc.