CHARLOTTE, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In collaboration with Bank of America Merchant Services and Bypass Mobile, PYMNTS.com today launched its first-ever Restaurant Readiness Index that assesses the level of innovation in the U.S. quick-service restaurant (QSR) industry. The index measures QSRs’ use of online ordering, in-store beacons, alternative payment methods and other capabilities that make things easier and more convenient for guests.
PYMNTS.com studied 178 QSRs and tracked the presence or absence of key convenience features when customers order and pay in-store, on a mobile device or via the web. Of the 178 QSRs analyzed, 172 operated between eight and 2,630 locations. These include burger, bakery/café, chicken, frozen dessert, Mexican, sandwich, and soup/salad/bowl chains.
Among the most notable findings:
- The innovations most likely to place a QSR at the top of the index include accepting new and alternative payment methods, kiosks to enable self-service ordering, and cloud-based point-of-sale systems. Most QSRs, however, are failing to implement those features.
- The soup/salad QSR segment ranked highest for innovation. At the other end of the spectrum, restaurants serving frozen desserts performed the worst.
- 15 percent of QSRs analyzed accept payments via digital wallets. The coffee/tea segment owned the highest implantation score for this feature.
Some of the most recognized QSR brands earned top rankings in the index. Among the attributes that made them stand out: their likelihood of offering QR code, inventory checking, online-ordering/in-store pick up, and saved-payment-method capabilities.
To read the Restaurant Readiness Index, please visit: https://www.pymnts.com.
Bank of America Merchant Services, a global leader in payments, eCommerce and security solutions, and Bypass, a leading innovator in enterprise point-of-sale systems for the multi-site food and beverage industry, sponsored the development and publication of PYMNTS.com’s Restaurant Readiness Index. Neither company supplied PYMNTS.com with client payments processing data for analysis.
About Bank of America Merchant Services
Bank of America Merchant Services connects businesses and their customers by doing payments better. The company delivers payments, commerce and security solutions, as well as consultation services, to businesses throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. It processed more than 15.2 billion transactions at approximately 660,000 merchant locations in 2016.¹ The company is a joint venture that combines the technology and innovative products of First Data with the relationship strength and prominent global brand of Bank of America. To learn more, please visit https://merch.bankofamerica.com
About Bypass Mobile
Bypass Mobile, LLC is the leading innovator in enterprise POS systems, robust back office management tools, and rich insights engines for the multi-site food & beverage industry. Its approach helps over 160 professional and collegiate sports venues and national restaurant chains accelerate profit, efficiency, and guest experience beyond levels achieved with legacy solutions. This happens with tablet POS terminals and a cloud-enabled open API platform broad enough to serve the full spectrum today’s needs and agile enough to rapidly support future requirements. The company has deployed 10,000+ devices at a cost, pace, and ease of integration never before possible.
- Survey: Nearly Three-Quarters of Retail Orgs Lack a Breach Response Plan
- Chargeback Gurus CEO Wins Finance Monthly 2018 Award for FinTech Entrepreneur of the Year
- World’s First Public Transport Retail Interface Open to Everyone in Helsinki Region
- GM Adds Ecommerce To The Dashboard
- Discover Card Will No Longer Require Signatures at Checkout
- NRF Foundation Announces The List of People Shaping Retail’s Future 2018
- OrderDynamics and BORN Join Forces to Unlock the Seamless Omnichannel Shopper Experience
- Wristcode Technologies Launches RestoByte App For Restaurants - India
- Oracle Leads Worldwide Retail POS/mPOS Market - IHL Group
- Retail IT Services Market To Grow To $117b Annually By 2021 - IHL Group