NEW YORK, March 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- When evaluating ecommerce platforms, businesses pay close attention to things like development costs and how well the platform fulfills technical and system requirements. However, as the industry has shifted to becoming less focused on technology and more focused on people and experiences, the front-end usability of an ecommerce platform has become an increasingly important factor for businesses to consider. Through rigorous usability testing and heuristic analysis of the out-of-the-box experiences of two industry-leading ecommerce platforms, Shopify and Magento 2, a new white paper issued by Cake & Arrow found that Shopify's out-of-the-box offering provides a superior customer experience to Magento 2, better enabling business objectives for ecommerce companies.
The white paper, "A Shopify Usability Study Comparing Shopify vs. Magento 2: Choosing the Right Ecommerce Platform for You & Your Customer" provides insight into:
- How the time it takes customers to check out and perform other tasks when shopping relates to usability, and ultimately to conversion
- How customers interact with filtering options as compared between the two platforms and what this means for businesses
- And how the back-end usability of a platform impacts the front-end experience for customers
"We find that businesses focus too heavily on technical and system requirements when selecting an ecommerce platform," explained Ed Samour, Experience Director at Cake & Arrow, and one of the authors of the white paper. "This white paper shows how these decisions often come at the expense of the customer experience, which is increasingly where ecommerce stores must find their competitive edge. Our research demonstrates that companies who are willing to be more flexible with these requirements, and choose cloud-based services like Shopify, are better positioned to deliver terrific customer experiences and grow their bottom line."
To learn more, download a complimentary copy of the white paper here.
About Cake & Arrow
Cake & Arrow is a customer experience agency that builds digital products and services for the ecommerce, fashion, insurance, and a handful of other key industries. We focus on helping companies who spend over $1 million a year on digital initiatives, honing in on what motivates their customers and creating transformational experiences that deliver it. We have partnered with leading and specialty ecommerce and retail brands across the nation, including KIND Snacks, Catbird, Lowe's, Sacks Fifth Avenue, Louis Vuitton and others. read more
Other Point of sale news:
- ShopChat Launches World’s First Shopping Keyboard & Raises Funding from Rakuten
- ID TECH and Worldnet Achieve EMV Certification through First Data
- Arby’s Restaurant Group Notifies Guests of Payment Card Security Incident
- REVTECH Retail Technology Accelerator Announces 2017 Graduate Program Participants
- Senion’s Indoor Positioning System Installed at GINZA SIX Retail Complex in Japan
- NRF and Object Management Group Form Partnership on Retail Technology
- ATM & Cash Innovation Europe 2017 - The Event by the ATM Industry for the ATM Industry
- APG Cash Drawer Announces Hire of Distribution Channel Manager
- ShopKeep Acquires ChowBOT Online Ordering Software
Get The Point of Sale News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.