BOSTON, MA - October 10, 2017 - As threats of cybersecurity breaches and hacks continue to increase, retailers must arm themselves with technology that protects their customer data. Today, payments technology company Cayan announced its flagship Genius® Countertop payments solution is now validated by the PCI Security Standards Council as a certified point-to-point encryption solution. Dubbed Genius Smart P2PE, this certification delivers the highest level of security for merchants while also simplifying PCI-DSS compliance efforts and reducing costs.
“With fraudulent activity on the rise globally, merchants must take data security precautions to ensure the delicate chain of trust they have with their customers remains intact,” said Jordan McKee, principal analyst at 451 Research. “Cayan has recognized the criticality of strong data security for its clients and partners by achieving the distinction of PCI P2PE validation for its Genius solution. PCI certification represents adherence to stringent security protocols and stands out as the most widely-trusted accreditation that a payment solution can attain.”
In addition to the reduced risk of payment fraud, merchants will experience additional benefits, such as:
● A simplified and efficient PCI-DSS compliance process that reduces SAQ controls from 12 to 4 sections and from 329 questions that prove their compliance to just 33
● Encryption of data at Point of Interaction (POI) to reduce fraud risk
● In fraudulent circumstances, the P2PE Solution Provider, not the merchant, is held accountable for data loss and fines
“While Genius has always deployed state of the art encryption technology and tokenization of all transactions, achieving a PCI P2PE 2.0 certification allows us to ensure the highest level of security available at a time when retailers are most in need of enhanced protection,” said Ken Paull, CRO at Cayan.
Cayan’s Genius Customer Engagement Platform® is a cloud-based payment technology that integrates processing, payment acceptance and customer experience in one fully-scalable platform while keeping cardholder data off the POS. Genius Smart P2PE is currently available on Genius Countertop devices.
Cayan® is a technology company focused on transformative innovations in payments. From simple and reliable payment processing, to fully integrated, multichannel customer engagement platforms, Cayan is continuously developing new ways to unlock the power of payments. Cayan’s platforms include their Cayan® Unified Commerce Solution Suite™ and Genius® Platform - both are secure and scalable platforms that are fully configurable, tailored to a business's unique needs and easy to implement. Headquartered in Boston, the company has multiple offices in the United States and Belfast, Northern Ireland. Cayan is one of the world's fastest growing payment companies. For more information, visit www.cayan.com.
More websites for Point-of-sale niches:
POS-Advice.com - a 100% focus on restaurant point of sale technology and trends. Offers insightful posts and resources.
POSforum.net - a support forum where users share information and answer tech questions for various restaurant POS products including Oracle/Micros and Aloha.
Restaurantsoftwarelist.com - A list of technology solutions for restaurants and hospitality. Find developers, manufacturers, resellers and processors.
Digital POS Magazine - 28-32 pages about Point-of-sale - Approx 8x a year. Each issue varies in focus for assorted trends or major industry shows.
BarCode.com - Great content on bar codes, bar code printing, labels, bar code supplies, RFID, IoT, UPC codes, QR codes and much more. Over 3,000 articles and completely free. Includes a free barcode label making tool and where to buy a bar code for your products.
Other POS News:
- Imports Set a Second Record High as Retailers Prepare for Busy Holiday Season
- National Retail Federation, Ascential PLC Form Global Partnership
- 2017 Brand Keys Loyalty Leaders
- Alipay Transaction Growth Soars During Golden Week
- Global Payments to Report Third Quarter 2017 Earnings on November 8, 2017
- Volante Technologies’ VolPay Hub integrated with TokenOS to accelerate Open Banking
- NRT and Sightline Announce Exclusive Agreement with Kony to Create Digital Platform
- Criteo Commerce Marketing Ecosystem Empowers Retailers and Brands to Forge a Path
- Criteo and Forbes Insights Unveil New Study, "The Commerce Data Opportunity"
- Mastercard and U.S. Bank Launch First EMV Fleet Solution
Get The Point of Sale News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.