BOSTON, MA - May 18, 2017 - Cayan®, a payment technology company, today introduced Genius Mini™, a full-featured, semi-integrated mobile card reader that allows any business to deliver a Unified Commerce experience to their customers wherever they are – at the table, in the aisle, on the road or wherever there’s a cellular or Wi-Fi connection.
In the ever-evolving world of retail and restaurants, where customer expectations are always increasing, business owners are looking to innovate both their business models and their customer experience. Whether is it breaking out of the four walls of a brick-and-mortar location to run pop-up stores or in-home services or creating more personal shopping experiences like in-aisle checkout or tableside payments – Genius Mini gives businesses the freedom to do business in new and interesting ways.
Genius Mini is a secure, semi-integrated mobile payment device that works with iOS-based POS systems, connecting via audio jack or Bluetooth®. With just one small device, businesses can accept all payment types including EMV®/chip cards, mobile payments like Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay, gift cards, healthcare spending accounts (HSA/FSA), traditional credit and debit cards, and more. Plus, Genius Mini uses point-to-point encryption and tokenization to deliver enhanced security right out-of-the-box, keeping sensitive cardholder data off the POS and reducing PCI scope. Genius Mini is the newest product in the Cayan Unified Commerce SolutionTM Suite, which gives businesses the ability to manage the customer experience across locations and between channels without ever touching cardholder data. Businesses get a holistic view of customer behavior across all shopping channels, consolidated sales reporting, and the ability to create channel-crossing customer experiences like buy remotely and return in store and buy online and pick up in store.
“Businesses, particularly retailers and restaurants, are innovating at breakneck speed to meet the demands of today’s consumer. We believe payments can be an enabler of the new experiences businesses want to deliver. Genius Mini gives businesses the freedom to move beyond traditional checkout while maintaining performance and security – to actually improve customer satisfaction,” said Cayan CEO Henry Helgeson.
Unlike competitive solutions which require multiple devices to accept different transaction formats and is only available on iOS, Genius Mini accepts all payment forms on the one device, keeps all sensitive cardholder data off the POS and will be available for iOS, Android and Windows. Previewing at this year’s National Restaurant Association Show and officially launching in June, Genius Mini offers a variety of use cases, including:
● Pay at the Table: With Genius Mini and an iPad POS, waitstaff can take payment right at the table – eliminating the need to handle credit cards and helping to turn tables faster
● Food Trucks, Festivals and Events: Genius Mini’s portable nature means restaurants aren’t limited to a physical location – and are still fully secure and can accept EMV/chip cards and mobile payments
● Personal Shoppers: Retailers can have a more consultative shopping experience – from browsing and product selection right through to checkout, all from the shop floor
● Pop-up Stores: No need for a separate system, Genius Mini allows retailers to set up their business anywhere and still have a unified experience at checkout
● For Onsite Services: For professionals completing onsite work (such as repair services, in-home consultations, etc.), Genius Mini streamlines payment processes for both the service provider and customer. Businesses can accept secure EMV payments from customers in the field rather than waiting to process a payment after the fact
More details about Genius Mini can be found at <insert link to product page)
Cayan® is a technology company focused on transformative innovations in payments. From simple and reliable payment processing, to fully integrated, multichannel customer engagement platforms, Cayan is continuously developing new ways to unlock the power of payments. Cayan’s platforms include their Cayan® Unified Commerce Solution Suite™ and Genius® Platform - both are secure and scalable platforms that are fully configurable, tailored to a business's unique needs and easy to implement. Headquartered in Boston, the company has multiple offices in the United States and Belfast, Northern Ireland. Cayan is one of the world's fastest growing payment companies. For more information, visit www.cayan.com.
Other POS News:
- First Data's Clover Platform to Enable Android Pay's Smart Tap
- Alcoholic Beverage Control Board Deploys Intellicheck's Age ID To Avert Underage Drinking
- Payment Alliance International Poised for Growth with New Office Facilities
- WPP’s VML and Barrows collaborate with Samsung on Connected Pop-Up Store System
- Loop Commerce Reveals Top Gifts and Consumer Behavior Insights for Mother’s Day 2017
- WPP’s The Store Hosts Global Retail Forum
- Sterling Payment Technologies and ExaDigm Announce Wireless EMV Solution