POS Shipments to the Asia/Pacific market grew 4.4% in 2016 are expected to grow 5.2% for 2017 as the economy has raced to a $50.2 Trillion market collective GDP in the latest year according to the latest research study from IHL entitled 2017 Asia/Pacific POS Terminal Study.
According to the research, the Hypermarket, Hospitality and Specialty Store markets are driving the highest POS growth across the region with the Food/Grocery market maintaining it's lead as the largest POS segment in the market.
China is not only by far the largest POS market but remains the fastest growing in the region.
The 2017 Asia/Pacific POS Terminal Study focuses on the Retail POS market for 8 retail and hospitality segments in the Asia/Pacific region for 2016-2021. It includes shipment, installed base and trends analyses of POS devices by country. The countries included with shipment details are China, Japan, India, Australia/New Zealand, South Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong and then Other Asia. The report is designed for use by POS Hardware and Software Providers, Maintenance Providers, Printer Manufacturers, EFT device vendors, Retailers and others who might have a vested interest in the North American Point-of-Sale Market.
- MMF POS Launches New Protective Covers For Payment Terminals and Other POS Peripherals
- Register Now For RFID Journal Live! #rfidjournal
- Gunnebo to Showcase Intelligent Note and Coin Recycler at RILA's Conference
- A “Toast” to improved restaurant and bar management
- Checkpoint Systems Debuts Its Smallest EAS Tag to Combat Organized Retail Crime
- Apriva and OTI Announce Solution for Unattended Payments
- Brightpearl (omnichannel retailing) Opens Second US Office and Expands Management Team
- Mastercard Gains Regulatory Approval to Acquire VocaLink
- Harbortouch and FiveStars Bring Powerful Loyalty Solution to Harbortouch Customers
- FLOW (Global e-commerce) Closes $16 Million Series A Funding
Get The Point of Sale News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.