NEW YORK, Jan. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Diebold Nixdorf will be introducing new solutions to drive connected commerce for retailers at the National Retail Federation's (NRF) BIG Show, the world's leading annual retail event, Jan. 15-17 in New York. In booth #2879, Diebold Nixdorf will highlight solutions that support four key drivers in the retail industry— digitalization, individualization, automation and miniaturization—to transform the shopping experience for today's consumers.
Today, 56 percent of consumers feel that technology makes their shopping experience better. With 90 percent of transactions still completed in a store, brick-and-mortar retailers must anticipate the influence of digital and online channels by adopting interactive technologies. The new K-One Kiosk solution was designed to digitalize the in-store consumer experience by quickly and seamlessly assisting consumers throughout their visit. The versatile, tailored solution can be easily adapted to changing consumer demands, with functionality for order taking, customer service, product information, ticket and lottery sales and even self-checkout.
Retailers will also be introduced to the latest innovations in automated checkout technology—from cash and card payment options to tablet and mobile integration.
- The new compact SmartPay self-checkout solution enables consumers to scan and bag their items and pay using a mobile app, credit or debit card.
- The recently introduced eXpress self-checkout solution can be used as an interactive kiosk or a payment terminal with a compact design that meets the industry's demand for a miniaturized footprint.
- The moPOS solution offers an easy and pragmatic way to integrate tablet technologies into the retail environment. The unique solution easily transitions from mobile to stationary featuring a tablet that connects to a mobile device hub to interact with stationary point-of-sale (POS) technologies such as printers and scanners.
- The C6010 automates cash handling by securely accepting, counting and balancing notes as they are received by the cashier— removing the need for a cash drawer while increasing security and efficiency.
At just under 10 inches (25 centimeters) wide, the new Extreme Self-Checkout Concept is just one and a half times the width of a dollar bill. Its miniaturized footprint fits perfectly in any environment while providing the individualized experiences that today's consumers expect. The new concept, together with Diebold Nixdorf's mobile application software solutions, enables retailers to connect the entire shopping experience for consumers beginning at home in the planning phase. Consumers are then able to use their retailer's mobile app to build lists and receive suggestions on the fastest route through the store, personalized ads and recommendations based on their location. As the consumer moves through the store, they simply scan the items they wish to purchase using their mobile device. Once complete, the consumer can bypass traditional self-checkout lines via the Extreme Self-Checkout Concept and leave the store.
The entire TP Application Suite, a comprehensive suite of software solutions designed to provide high-quality, seamless experiences for consumers and enable advanced functionalities in the retail environment, will be showcased in both the Diebold Nixdorf booth and the Zebra Technologies booth #1603.
To ensure smooth deployment, maintenance and operations of all systems and software solutions, Diebold Nixdorf offers a comprehensive services portfolio for retailers. At NRF, Diebold Nixdorf will demonstrate how retailers can achieve operational excellence through a virtual reality retail experience.
"Today's consumers expect faster, more convenient and individualized shopping experiences," said Thomas Fell, Diebold Nixdorf senior vice president, retail. "Our comprehensive portfolio of technology and software drives efficiencies by digitalizing the in-store shopping experience and automating and accelerating the checkout process to improve convenience for both retailers and consumers."
Also in the booth, AEVI, a Diebold Nixdorf subsidiary, will demonstrate its secure, cashless payment solutions together with a global software marketplace for high-quality, value-added apps and services for merchant banks and acquirers.
About Diebold Nixdorf
Diebold Nixdorf is a world leader in enabling connected commerce for millions of consumers each day across the financial and retail industries. Its software-defined solutions bridge the physical and digital worlds of cash and consumer transactions conveniently, securely and efficiently. As an innovation partner for nearly all of the world's top 100 financial institutions and a majority of the top 25 global retailers, Diebold Nixdorf delivers unparalleled services and technology that are essential to evolve in an 'always on' and changing consumer landscape.
Diebold Nixdorf has a presence in more than 130 countries with approximately 25,000 employees worldwide. The organization maintains corporate offices in North Canton, Ohio, USA and Paderborn, Germany. Shares are traded on the New York and Frankfurt Stock Exchanges under the symbol 'DBD'. Visit www.DieboldNixdorf.com for more information.
More POS and NRF news:
- Shift4 to Exhibit Innovative Payment Solutions at #NRF17 Booth 818
- Shoptalk Announces Support of FDIH, for Launch of Shoptalk Europe
- Zuzapp Mobile Tap'n Try Empowers Retailers and Small Businesses to Increase Sales, Spend
- APG Presents Innovative Cash Management Solutions at #NRF17
- WH Smith Signs 900 Store Agreement with Aptos to Elevate In-Store Customer Experience
- Epson to Announce New POS Printers and a Variety of POS Solutions at #NRF17
- Cardpool Makes it Easier to Buy and Sell Gift Cards
- NRS Achieves Success Helping Independent Retailers Compete
- Star Micronics to Showcase New Point of Sale Technologies at #NRF2017 Big Show