In advance of Prime Day, New Yes Lifecycle Marketing data reveals millennials shop more frequently on Amazon than any other generation
CHICAGO, July 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Millennials are buying from Amazon at a higher rate than their older or younger generational counterparts, with 79 percent reporting a purchase within the past month, according to a new report from Yes Lifecycle Marketing.
"Amazon Prime benefits draw in millennial shoppers more than other generations by aligning with their preference for loyalty messaging and programs," said Michael Fisher, president of Yes Lifecycle Marketing. "By segmenting their customers by generation, marketers can pinpoint customer preference for elements like messaging, channel and timing, and define distinct strategies that resonate with those audiences. And in turn, marketers will create long-lasting relationships with their customers."
When compared to other generations, the report found that baby boomers are more likely to value Amazon for its convenience and product selection, while Centennials are more likely to shop in-store. The e-commerce giant proved popular across the board, with 63 percent of consumers having made a purchase on Amazon in the past month.
However, despite the high adoption of e-commerce, the report also shows shoppers of all ages measure the in-store experience to be equally important as the digital one, a promising sign for brick-and-mortar retailers. In fact, the report found nearly one in five Centennials (18 percent) and millennials (19 percent) say the in-store experience is one of the top three factors that drive brand loyalty. In contrast, only 11 percent of baby boomers say the in-store experience is a top factor in brand loyalty.
"Amazon has done a good job of delivering cross-channel communications that speak to millennials' preferences and behaviors, reaching them where they want and how they want, and other brands should take note," said Michael Iaccarino, CEO and chairman of Infogroup, parent company of Yes Lifecycle Marketing. "As Centennials enter the job market and gain buying power, all brands, Amazon included, need to adapt their marketing communication strategies to speak to these digital natives."
Additional findings from the report include:
- After millennials, members of Gen X were the second most likely to buy from Amazon, with 69 percent reporting a purchase in the past month.
- Centennials shop in store during the holidays more so than any other generation (45 percent).
- More than 80 percent of Centennials and 74 percent of Millennials say social media influences their shopping.
- Four out of five respondents in all age groups report that they find a brand's website important when making purchase decisions.
- Almost a third of Centennials (31 percent) shop at non-Amazon retailers because they enjoy the in-store shopping experience, more than any other generation.
To download A Marketer's Guide to Reaching the Generations, please click here.
About Yes Lifecycle Marketing
Yes Lifecycle Marketing provides solutions that orchestrate cross-channel marketing communications to drive results and revenue. This is accomplished by leveraging technology, data, analytics, creative, and strategy to activate and optimize insights-driven, real-time, relevant communications. This holistic approach gives marketers the ability to source a full-service offering of best-of-breed technology and solutions from a single vendor in order to achieve their desired outcomes across all on and offline channels. To learn more, call 1-877-937-6245, email email@example.com or visit www.yeslifecyclemarketing.com.
Infogroup is a big data, analytics and marketing services provider that delivers best in class data-driven, customer-centric technology solutions. Our data and software-as-a-service (DaaS & SaaS) offerings help clients of all sizes, from small companies to FORTUNE 100™ enterprises, increase their sales and customer loyalty. Infogroup provides both digital and traditional marketing channel expertise that is enhanced by access to our proprietary data on 245MM individuals and 25MM businesses, which is distributed real-time to our clients. For more information, visit: www.infogroup.com.
Other POS News:
- Restaurant Industry Veteran to Share Industry Insights on Millennials at Sarasota Breakfast
- POSDATA Group to Distribute Castles Technology's EMV-Ready Solutions
- InternetRetailing Publish Reports Reviewing Performance of UK & Europe’s Leading Retailers
- Amazon Prime Customers To Hear About Risks To Delivery Service Ahead Of Prime Day
- Fresh Brothers Pizza hires Revenue Management Solutions to Consult on Menu Optimization and Menu
- Mastercard Brings Everything #ThatsPriceless to MLB All-Star Week
- Mastercard and the World Food Programme Announce 100 Million Meals Commitment