All-in-one panel printer unit simplifies embedded designs
SAN JOSE, Calif. – January 12, 2017 - Fujitsu Components America, Inc. today released a smallest-in-class, panel-mount thermal printer subassembly for OEMs that streamlines the process of embedding a printing/cutting solution into POS, kiosk, ticketing and vending machine, measurement equipment, medical device, and banking ATM applications. The FTP-62GUSL unit incorporates a 2-inch wide, direct thermal printer mechanism, auto cutter and control board. It can be specified with a plastic frame chassis (FTP-62GUSL001) measuring 92.0(W) x 95.9(D) x 115.4mm(H), or enclosed in a metal housing (FTP-62GUSL101) measuring 97.2(W) x 96.3(D) x 119mm(H) for additional durability and circuit protection.
The unit features a print speed of 170mm per second (1360 dotlines per second) and command-selectable partial or full auto-cut capability. It accommodates up to 83mm diameter rolls of 60-100μm-thick paper stock and is designed with a straight paper path to reduce jams.
The printer has service life of 100 million pulses/dots, an operating temperature of 0°C to +50°C, and a cutter life of 1,000,000 cuts (min.).
Other features include RS-232 and USB-interface support, drop-in paper replacement, and auto paper feed. Alternatively, external switches on the unit’s finished faceplate permit manual paper feed and cutting.
Available immediately, a RoHS-compliant, FTP-62GUSL001/101 panel printer is priced at $210 to $227 each in 100-piece quantities.
For more information:
Fujitsu Components America, Inc. markets and distributes electronic and system components and sub-systems throughout North and South America. Products include relays, connectors, input and pointing devices, touch panels, thermal printers, and wireless modules. The company is headquartered at 2290 North First Street, Suite 212, San Jose, CA 95131. For product information, contact FCAI via telephone at 1-800-380-0059 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More POS news:
- Star Micronics Introduces the SM-L300, Portable Receipt and Label Printer
- Best American Hospitality (Shoney's owner) Issues Statement Regarding Stolen Payment Cards
- E-commerce fraud increased 33 percent in 2016; Source: Experian
- Celerant Technology Receives PCI QIR Certification
- 13th Annual IRCE Conf To Feature Educational and Inspiring Keynotes By Top Leaders
- Infinite Peripherals Receives Certification for InfineaPay™ Mobile EMV Payment Solution
- Apple to retain dominance of OEM-Pay market for next 5 years - Juniper
- Jeweler Selects Intellicheck's Retail ID Mobile To Curb Fraud