AI-Driven Platform Engages Consumers, Facilitates Transactions and Provides a Secure Checkout Experience
PURCHASE, N.Y. and SAN JOSE, Calif. – April 18, 2017 – Today at the Facebook Developer Conference, Mastercard announced Masterpass-enabled bots to drive more seamless shopping on Facebook Messenger with FreshDirect®, Subway® and The Cheesecake Factory®.
The bots leverage artificial intelligence (AI) technologies to enable consumers to interact with the merchant brands, build their order and securely checkout via Masterpass, all without leaving the Messenger platform.
Masterpass-enabled bots work across multiple verticals – from restaurants to retail – making conversational commerce frictionless while delivering a more personalized experience. The bots allow consumers to engage with brands in new places where they are already spending their time, as messaging apps and platforms like Messenger currently represent many of the top 10 global apps used by billions of people worldwide. The bots will also support all Masterpass-enabled wallets from banks including Citi and Capital One.
“The Mastercard vision is to support all forms of commerce – addressing the full range of merchant experiences and consumer needs, and ensuring that every one of our accounts is as digital as the people using them. Masterpass-enabled bots on Messenger offer both merchants and consumers innovative, compelling and secure digital payments on an extremely popular and active platform,” said Garry Lyons, Chief Innovation Officer, Mastercard.
- FreshDirect – FreshDirect is an online fresh food grocer delivering to residences and offices throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the District of Columbia. Working with Mastercard, FreshDirect now makes it easy for customers in those markets to browse, shop and purchase their groceries directly within Messenger. [video]
- Subway – Subway restaurants, the world’s largest restaurant brand, is launching a bot for Messenger that enables guests to order a sandwich or salad with their choice of fresh vegetables, cheese, sauce and toppings as well as chips, cookies and drinks. The bot deployed today to more than 26,500 Subway restaurants in the U.S. Guests can checkout securely using Masterpass. [video]
- The Cheesecake Factory – Consumers looking to purchase personalized gift cards can now do so simply with just a few clicks and keystrokes within Messenger. [video] To enable this, The Cheesecake Factory uses CashStar’s real-time gifting capability, which instantly approves and activates gift cards. The Cheesecake Factory is the first brand in CashStar’s portfolio of leading merchants, retailers and restaurants to implement the bot capability for Messenger.
Masterpass-enabled Bots on Messenger Drive Conversational Commerce
- “We are thrilled to partner with Mastercard to deliver a conversational shopping experience, offering our customers a new option to seamlessly shop for groceries,” said FreshDirect CEO and co-founder, Jason Ackerman. “As a food tech company, it’s our mission to keep fresh at everyone’s fingertips. By harnessing the power of Messenger, we’re able to engage with our customers on a platform that fits their lifestyle and allow them to easily shop FreshDirect as well as collaborate on carts with family and friends.”
- “Our bot for
- Amber Engine Announces New Integration with Retail Management System Provider PROFITsystems
- How Russian websites accept online payments - Study By MARC Research
- CAM Commerce Receives PCI QIR Certification
- Fujitsu Releases Compact Panel-Mount Thermal Printer Module
- Star Micronics Introduces the SM-L300, Portable Receipt and Label Printer
- Best American Hospitality (Shoney's owner) Issues Statement Regarding Stolen Payment Cards
- E-commerce fraud increased 33 percent in 2016; Source: Experian
- Celerant Technology Receives PCI QIR Certification
- 13th Annual IRCE Conf To Feature Educational and Inspiring Keynotes By Top Leaders
- Infinite Peripherals Receives Certification for InfineaPay™ Mobile EMV Payment Solution
Get The Point of Sale News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.