The Mirakl Marketplace Platform for Services allows marketplace operators to offer services to complement their brand
LAS VEGAS – March 20, 2017 – Mirakl, the leading global marketplace solutions provider, today announced the revolutionary Mirakl Marketplace Platform for Services at Shoptalk 2017. Mirakl’s platform dramatically enhances marketplaces by uniquely offering both products and services to customers in a single transaction. The solution enables multi-channel retailers, pureplay eCommerce providers and B2B organizations with the power to create a stand-alone services marketplace, or enhance their product marketplaces with add-on services from select sellers.
With the emergence of platform business models offering local services across a variety of industries, the availability of services is poised to be an important part of the online shopping experience, giving brands and retailers a unique opportunity to differentiate themselves from the competition. With the Mirakl Marketplace Platform for Services, retailers can now offer customer experiences beyond the web page and the product purchase by allowing sellers to package complementary products and services into one shopping experience. For example, consumers could purchase a product online and schedule the installation or future repair of that product, giving the retailer more control over the customer’s current and future experience.
“In the same way that Mirakl has standardized the experience for retailers and sellers on marketplaces, Mirakl Marketplace Platform for Services will introduce a new standard for businesses launching a services marketplace,” said Adrien Nussenbaum, U.S. CEO and co-founder, Mirakl. “We have taken our experience in product marketplaces and applied it to services, allowing businesses to seamlessly offer any combination of products and services to customers to match their lifestyles and needs.”
The Mirakl Marketplace Platform for Services offers features and functions built to make the purchasing of both services and products simple and straightforward. The platform makes it easy, not only for a marketplace operator to sell additional services and products, but also allows service provider users to easily manage their offerings within the marketplace, such as quickly adding to an experience, changing prices or communicating with customers.
The Mirakl Marketplace Platform for Services includes:
- Mirakl Service Provider User Interface – Offers service providers the ability to seamlessly manage the services they are able to offer each customer. This is critical, as services differ from product SKUs in many ways and this feature allows Mirakl’s platform to be the catalog management tool for service providers.
- Book and pay features for services – Allows shoppers to book and pay for services at the time of purchase. For retailers with products, this provides the connected shopping experience that the customer expects around the product purchase.
- Calendar scheduling functionality – Permits service providers to manage their availability, and shoppers to book a specific time with a service professional directly on the website, eliminating the need for extra phone calls or emails.
- Standalone or hybrid service marketplaces – Enables merchants to have standalone services marketplaces, offer services as an a la carte purchase or pair services with specific products.
- Category management – Lets consumers find service providers easily by managing a taxonomy of provider types.
- Tailored service definition – Supports unlimited attributes so that complex service listings can be flexible and dynamic.
- Mirakl Quality Control – Ensures that service providers adhere to quality service levels and that customers are satisfied with the service received.
- Cross-sell and upsell – Links products and services together in the platform, allowing retailers to provide them as a joint offering at the point of checkout.
To learn more about the Mirakl Marketplace Platform for Services, please stop by Shoptalk kiosk #PK20 for a demo or visit https://www.mirakl.com/services-marketplace/.
Mirakl gives retailers and brands the ability to quickly launch a new source of revenue with their own online marketplace. The marketplace model allows companies to increase customer value by providing more products, at better prices, with first class quality; creating more opportunities to build loyalty.
Other Point of Sale blogs of interest:
- FIME India Achieves EMVCo Contact Level 2 Accreditation
- Report: RetailMeNot Mobile Marketing Campaigns Can Deliver 4.3x ROI #ShopTalk
- National Retail Federation Announces Shop.org 2017
- Scala to Display Digital Experience Creation Tools at #Shoptalk Event
- Contrary to Gloomy Reports, Retail Stores Far from Dead
- Another Hospitality Point of Sale Terminal Hacking
Get The Point of Sale News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.