WASHINGTON, July 19, 2017 – The National Retail Federation announced today that Macy’s Executive Chairman Terry Lundgren has been elected chairman of the NRF Board of Directors. Lundgren replaces former HSNi CEO Mindy Grossman, who resigned from the board after leaving retail to head Weight Watchers. In addition, four new members have been elected to the board:
- Sam’s Club President and CEO John Furner
- QVC Inc. President and CEO Mike George
- Total Wine and More CEO Adam Orvos
- PETCO CEO Brad Weston
“As the retail industry continues to evolve at a rapid pace to meet the demands of consumers, we are excited to bring in new board members who are on the front lines of this transformation,” NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay said. “These new directors represent the breadth of this diverse industry. They will provide invaluable insight and leadership not only on the future of retail but also NRF’s role in advocating for retailers of all sizes in Washington. As chairman, Terry is an industry veteran who will provide sound guidance in all aspects of our mission to serve as the voice of the retail industry.”
The changes came as the board held its annual summer meeting in Washington today during NRF’s Retail Advocates Summit congressional fly-in.
NRF is the world’s largest retail trade association, representing discount and department stores, home goods and specialty stores, Main Street merchants, grocers, wholesalers, chain restaurants and internet retailers from the United States and more than 45 countries. Retail is the nation’s largest private sector employer, supporting one in four U.S. jobs – 42 million working Americans. Contributing $2.6 trillion to annual GDP, retail is a daily barometer for the nation’s economy.
Other POS News:
- Retailers Say Border Tax Would Shift Corporate Tax Burden to Consumers
- Agilence Adds Key Hires to Executive Leadership Team
- Como Brings Enterprise-Level Customer Engagement to Every U.S. Brick-and-Mortar Business
- MySize Launches White Label RealSize Apparel Measurement App at the Apple App Store
- National Retail Federation Names Legislator of the Year
- POS Portal and Datacap Partner for Easy Delivery of Secure Payment Hardware
- Back-to-College Spend to Outpace Back-to-School Spend Twofold