According to the 2017 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report, retail, restaurant, and hotel merchants suffered the greatest from point-of-sale (POS) intrusions in 2016. And soon, ransomware could hit these payment systems, halting merchant transactions in their tracks and costing large sums of money…from paying the ransom or, if prepared, enacting restoration measures.
Unfortunately, experts at Netsurion and Vantiv often hear, “I’ll switch to P2PE, so I won’t need anything else to protect my business.” Sure, P2PE devalues data, makes it unreadable if stolen and reduces PCI scope—but it is not enough alone.
Cybersecurity is already complex. This common misconception is causing undue frustration and intolerable levels of risk.
During this webcast, participants will learn:
- How EMV and P2PE impact PCI compliance
- What are the cybersecurity concerns of merchant businesses, large and small
- Why it’s important to understand overlapping technology solutions and compliance regulation half-truths
- How you can leverage practical guidance to implement a reasonable cybersecurity strategy that fits your unique needs
Netsurion and Vantiv will also be taking your questions live on air. To register, see the details below.
What: “Pieces of the puzzle: How do EMV and P2PE impact PCI compliance?” live-video webcast
When: Thursday, Oct. 19, Noon MT
Register: https://developer.vantiv.com/community/news-and-communications/pages/vantiv-one-live. Can’t make the original time? Fill out the form to receive a recording.
About Vantiv, Inc.
Vantiv, Inc. (NYSE:VNTV) is a leading payment processor differentiated by an integrated technology platform. Vantiv offers a comprehensive suite of traditional and innovative payment processing and technology solutions to merchants and financial institutions of all sizes, enabling them to address their payment processing needs through a single provider. We build strong relationships with our customers, helping them become more efficient, more secure and more successful. Vantiv is the largest merchant acquirer and the largest PIN debit acquirer based on number of transactions in the U.S. The company's growth strategy includes expanding further into high-growth channels and verticals, including integrated payments, eCommerce, B2B payments, and merchant bank. Visit us at www.vantiv.com, or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.
© 2017 Vantiv, LLC. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks, service marks and trade names referenced herein are the property of their respective owners. Vantiv and other Vantiv products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Vantiv, LLC in the U.S. and other countries.
Netsurion is a managed security service provider specializing in the protection of multi-location businesses’ information, payment systems, and Wi-Fi networks from data breaches, network outages, and ever-evolving cyberthreats. Our advanced threat protection offering, SIEM-at-the-Edge, delivers comprehensive security benefits to “edge” locations that normally would not have the means to leverage such a solution. Netsurion’s award-winning remote network security services and PCI compliance solutions help keep businesses of any size secure. Any sized branch or remote office, franchise, or sole proprietor operation can use Netsurion without the costs of onsite support. The company serves the retail, hospitality, healthcare, financial, legal, and insurance sectors. www.netsurion.com. Twitter: @Netsurion.
PointofSale.com, now in its 8th year, does not sell products or services and we rely on sponsors to keep the site up. We are independently owned and operated. Please visit the POS software pages and POS hardware pages (see left side menu above) to find great POS products from various vendors. For more info, contact us through the Footer menu below.
Other POS News:
- Hatch Loyalty Partners with SKUPOS to Bring Operations & Engagement Solutions to Retailers
- Revel Systems Partners with LoyaltyPlant to Deliver a Feature-Rich Mobile Loyalty Program
- Ahold USA Brands Launch Digital Innovations To Strengthen Customer Loyalty
- Givex Partners with Futura Retail Solutions AG in Continued Push to Revolutionize Retail
- New Kibo Study: 58% of Retailers Lack In-Store Technology to View Customer Information
- Mirakl Announces Availability of Marketplace Connection for Commerce on the SAP App Center
- Netsurion Announces Partnership with Member Services Organization VGM Client Rewards
- DAVO Technologies Partners with Poynt to Offer the DAVO Sales Tax app
- First Client Goes Live With Cumulus Retail; New, Affordable Cloud POS
- EVO Payments International and the Oracle Adapter Achieve Oracle E-Business Suite