Buyer survey indicates optimism for upcoming summer tourist season
April 2017, Portland, Maine -- The New England Made Giftware & Specialty Food Show (NEM) released their first annual Spring Retailer Report. Results were polled from the retail audience attending the Spring New England Made Giftware & Specialty Food Show, Portland, Maine.
“This annual wholesale giftware and specialty food show has always been a bellwether for retailer confidence. Over the years of producing the show, I could predict the retailer’s business confidence as soon as they entered the show based on their overall energy and interest. It was an interesting predictor and I would enjoy sharing it within our community” says Stefa Normantas, New England Made Giftware and Specialty Food Show Producer. “This year, I decided to compile the results in our post show survey and distribute it to the larger community. With more than 75% expecting an increase in sales, it looks like the upcoming summer tourist season will be a strong one.”
NEW ENGLAND MADE GIFTWARE AND SPECIALTY FOOD SHOW
SPRING RETAIL REPORT 2017
Survey Results (188 retail respondents)
Do you expect your sales to increase or decrease this summer tourist season?
- 76% - I expect my sales to increase
- 22% - I expect my sales to stay the same
- 2% - I expect my sales to decrease
“It been a terrible winter for sales, but I’m very optimistic about the rest of the year. I can’t wait for the weather to give us a break!” – Daine Gronbeck, Brass Lyon, Newburyport, MA
“I’m already fully booked and was last year as well,” -- Susan Taylor, Maine
“I am trying to be hopeful. Frankly, retail in my area has been off since the last election.” -- Jodi Clayton, Maine
The New England Made Giftware & Specialty Food Show, Spring, now in its 33rd year, is the country’s only wholesale trade show featuring products from New England. New England Made shows (Spring and Autumn) attract approximately 3,000 retail buyers from across the country and showcase over 400 companies. The shows present a juried selection of giftware, home furnishings, and specialty food from Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. The New England Made Giftware & Specialty Food Shows are owned and managed by Giraffe Events, LLC.
* 96% of respondents would recommend NEM to a fellow buyer/friend. (2017 NEM Spring survey, 195 respondents).
UPCOMING NEW ENGLAND MADE SHOWS
New England Made Giftware & Specialty Food Show, Autumn
September 10-11, 2017, Sturbridge Host Hotel, Sturbridge, Massachusetts
For more information, visit www.nemadeshows.com
- StubHub Introduces New Social Tools To Make Planning, Organizing and Attending Events More Engaging
- Mirabyte Presents New Software Solution for Appealing Dashboards on Digital Signage Screens
- China remains strongest POS growth market for 2017 in Asia
- MMF POS Launches New Protective Covers For Payment Terminals and Other POS Peripherals
- Register Now For RFID Journal Live! #rfidjournal
- Gunnebo to Showcase Intelligent Note and Coin Recycler at RILA's Conference
- A “Toast” to improved restaurant and bar management
- Checkpoint Systems Debuts Its Smallest EAS Tag to Combat Organized Retail Crime
- Apriva and OTI Announce Solution for Unattended Payments
- Brightpearl (omnichannel retailing) Opens Second US Office and Expands Management Team
Get The Point of Sale News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.