LAS VEGAS, March 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- RetailMeNot, Inc. (NASDAQ: SALE) today at ShopTalk released The Total Economic Impact™ Of RetailMeNot Mobile Solutions. According to the March 2017study commissioned by RetailMeNot and conducted by Forrester Consulting, the company's mobile marketing solutions generate a three-year, risk-adjusted return on investment (ROI) of 4.3x.
The full study is available at https://www.rmn.com/mobile-roi
Forrester Consulting interviewed and surveyed current RetailMeNot retail clients to create a composite organization that demonstrates the results of a retailer's mobile marketing campaign run via RetailMeNot. Additional findings of the study include:
- Mobile marketing campaigns via RetailMeNot delivered incremental sales transactions. Each promotional campaign resulted in significant sales transactions. For the composite organization, 85 percent of them were from new customers.
- New customers also made future purchases, resulting in additional gross sales. Many of the new customers created accounts, signed up for loyalty programs or in some other way created a longer-term relationship with retailers.
- Mobile solution marketing campaigns have better attribution and analytics that can identify valuable insights. The interviewed retailers said they have very good visibility into how the campaigns perform, can identify elements of successful campaigns and can better attribute sales.
"Mobile content is a primary influencer in the consumer shopping journey, yet most purchases still happen in-store," said Mausam Bhatt, senior vice president of product at RetailMeNot, Inc. "Therefore, it is important for us to measure the impact of retailers' mobile marketing spend via RetailMeNot."
RetailMeNot Launches Mall Mode™ to Help Shoppers and Retailers Alike
RetailMeNot recently launched a feature on its mobile app called Mall Mode™. Mall Mode™ combines the mall directory map with in-store savings to help shoppers save time and money for a more efficient shopping experience. In addition to the shopper benefit, it provides an additional way for retailers to drive consumers to their stores. With location relevant content, this is one of the most used features on the app. More than half of page views occur when a user is outside the mall, indicating that shoppers are using the Mall Mode™ feature to plan their trips in advance. The Mall Mode™ tab can be found in the bottom navigation of the RetailMeNot app.
RetailMeNot Conducts 127 Mobile Attribution Studies for 68 Large, National Retailers to Understand the Influence of Mobile Marketing Impact
Mobile Attribution Powered by RetailMeNot™ helps retailers evaluate mobile influenced in-store sales by analyzing user actions within the app along with location data to quantify in-store footfall, attributable sales and influence of the campaign on sales. The company has now conducted 127 of these studies with top U.S. retailers since the capability was launched in 2016. RetailMeNot measures digital and mobile campaign effectiveness with a combination of anonymized consumer information that includes first-party data, geo-fencing and latitude-longitude data, along with algorithm-based smart proximity detection. Average campaign returns on advertising spend (ROAS) equaling approximately 12.6x the investment.
"Since we launched mobile attribution capabilities in 2016, we have been able to complete analysis for a significant number of retailers to determine their return on advertising spend," said Bhatt. "Because we see up to three-quarters of traffic activity on RetailMeNot come through a mobile channel on significant retail holidays like Black Friday, it's important for RetailMeNot to be able to help retailers understand their mobile marketing investment.". read more
Other Point of sale news:
- National Retail Federation Announces Shop.org 2017
- Scala to Display Digital Experience Creation Tools at #Shoptalk Event
- Contrary to Gloomy Reports, Retail Stores Far from Dead
- Another Hospitality Point of Sale Terminal Hacking
- POS-Advice.com For Restaurants
- Retailers Welcome Committee Vote to Repeal Obamacare
- First Data Strengthens eCommerce Position with Acquisition of Acculynk
- Celerant Technology Partners With SPS Commerce