Shopgate and Kwolia to showcase the future of retail convergence and disruption during SXSW, March 10-13
Austin, TEXAS – March 3, 2017 – Shopgate, the leading SaaS shopping app platform, and Kwolia, a strategic advisory firm for connection + curation + communication in the world of retail innovation, announced today the final programming for Kwolia’s Retail Innovation Lounge SXSW. The Retail Innovation Lounge is a unique event experience designed to showcase the future of retail convergence and disruption through technology, marketing, commerce, media, entertainment and social good.
Located at Shopgate’s headquarters in the heart of downtown Austin, this year’s Retail Innovation Lounge features speakers from Coca-Cola, Walmart, CNN, Treehouse and more. Kwolia and Shopgate are also pleased to welcome film producer and actor Tanner Beard* as keynote speaker and guest DJ, former Olympian Mike Rodgers. The lounge will also feature a world debut of connected fashion designs from Beijing – on display for the first time ever.
See below for the three-day schedule and click here to view more details about the speakers.
Friday, March 10
- 9 p.m. - 11 p.m. – Retail Innovation Lounge Kick Off Party, presented by Chariot
Saturday, March 11
- 10:00 a.m. – Fireside Chat with Under Armour’s Sid Jatia, moderated by Marc Biel, CEO of Shopgate
- 10:30 a.m. – Meet Retail’s New Revolutionaries, featuring Treehouse, b8ta and Kwolia
- 11:30 a.m. – Within a “Click” of Desire: Consumer Engagement in a Digital World, featuring Coca-Cola
- 12:00 p.m. – Sneak preview: What’s Turning Heads at NYC’s Turnstyle, featuring Kwolia
- 1:30 p.m. – Digital Fashion Future, featuring Walmart and 360 Fashion Network
- 2:00 p.m. – The Rise of Intelligent Search, featuring Yext
- 2:30 p.m. – Where New Meets Non-Traditional @Turnstyle NYC, featuring Scanalytics, Glass Media, Xclaim Mobile and Kwolia
- 3:15 p.m. – Catching Up with Producer & Actor Tanner Beard
- 7:00 p.m. – SXSW Party featuring Guest DJ Former Olympian Mike Rodgers
Sunday, March 12
- 11:00 a.m. – Lounge opens (brunch is available at 11 a.m., libations served at 4 p.m.)
- 12:30 p.m. – Retail on Facebook and Instagram, featuring Facebook’s Beth Horn, moderated by TPN
- 1:00 p.m. – Mobile Innovation: Get What you Need & What You Want, featuring Xclaim Mobile, TransUnion, Shopgate and GeoMarketing
- 1:45 p.m. – Innovation: Brands & The New Media Future, featuring CNN and Prestige Concepts
- 2:15 p.m. – The Next Big Thing in VC Retail Funding, featuring One Match Ventures and Luma Capital Partners
- 2:45 p.m. – Everything is Popping Up Retail, featuring Domino Media Group and TPN
- 4:00 p.m. – Networking lounge and libations
Monday, March 13
- 10:00 a.m. – Lounge opens, workspaces available and free wifi available, (beer and wine will be served all day, cocktails begin at 4 p.m.)
- 4:00 p.m. – Startup crawl
*Tanner is premiering three films at SXSW, including the highly-anticipated Terence Malick film Song to Song. The opening film for SXSW Film features A-list actors Michael Fassbender, Christian Bale, Natalie Portman, Ryan Gosling and Rooney Mara.
Other Point of sale blogs of interest:
- Smartrac to Present Game-Changing Retail RFID and IoT Solutions at #EuroShop
- APG Presents New Cash Drawer Models at EuroShop 2017
- Retailers Respond to President’s Address to Congress
- Retailers Say Association Health Plans Would Make Insurance More Affordable for Small Businesses
- Smart Label Market Analysis By Technology (EAS, RFID), By Component (Transceivers, Memories), By
- ATMIA Publishes ATM Cyber Security Briefing Paper
Get The Point of Sale News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.