CLEVELAND, Jan. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Revenues generated by US warehousing and storage service establishments are forecast to rise 3.7% annually to 2020. Faster advances are projected for general warehousing and storage amid expected gains in manufacturers' shipments and retail sales activity. In addition, providers of these services stand to benefit from several ongoing trends.
Rapid growth in e-commerce and omni-channel retail activity has been causing retailers to hold larger diversities of products in inventory, intensifying demand for warehouse space. In addition, retail firms have been shifting stock from storerooms to first-party distribution centers (excluded from the scope of the report) and warehouses. Increasing demand for cutting-edge, internet-connected material handling machines and software technologies is also driving revenue growth for the industry.
Additional coverage of key trends is featured in Warehousing & Storage Services: United States, a report recently released by Freedonia Focus Reports, a division of The Freedonia Group. http://www.freedoniafocusreports.com/Warehousing-Storage-Services-United-States-10575074/
The report forecasts revenues for US warehousing and storage services in US dollars to 2020. Total revenue is segmented by establishment in terms of:
- general warehousing and storage
- refrigerated warehousing and storage
- farm product warehousing and storage
- other establishments such as bonded warehousing, bulk petroleum storage, and document storage and warehousing.
Establishments that sell the goods they handle (ie, wholesale trade or retail establishments) are excluded from the scope of the report. Lessors of mini-warehouses and self-storage units are also excluded.
Other point of sale articles of interest:
- Overstock Joins Growing List of iguama Cross-Border Retail Partners
- Mobile Wallet Spend to Rise by More than 30% this Year, Reaching $1.35 Trillion
- Vantiv Partners with CardFlight to Offer EMV Mobile POS Solution
- Newest North American Version of Epicor BisTrack Released
- Wipro Partners with Tradeshift to Increase Digitalization across Source-to-Pay Processes
- Atom Tickets Mobile Ticketing Platform Teams Up With Bow Tie Cinemas, Expands Reach
- A Government in Confusion is Bad For The POS Industry
- e-Nabler Teams Up with Vantiv to Offer EMV-Certified Tablet and Mobile POS Solution