New York, NY—September 12, 2017—Shoptalk, the trailblazing retail and ecommerce event, today released its groundbreaking 2018 agenda and initial lineup of more than 80 speakers that includes: Jeff Gennette, President and CEO, Macy’s; Daniel Alegre, President Of Global Partnerships, Google and Alon Cohen, President and Co-Founder of Houzz. The final agenda will feature a total of more than 400 speakers, an increase of 25 percent over 2017’s event.
Shoptalk will be held on March 18-21, 2018 at the Venetian in Las Vegas. More than 7,500 attendees, including over 700 CEOs, are expected to join, making Shoptalk the world’s largest conference for retail and ecommerce innovation. Over 400 companies will sponsor Shoptalk in 2018 and more than 1,000 retailers and brands will enroll in its Hosted Meetings Program, resulting in approximately 8,000 facilitated onsite meetings for retailers and brands with established and emerging providers of technology and other solutions. Shoptalk represents an unprecedented gathering of individuals and companies defining the future of retail and ecommerce.
Now in its third year, Shoptalk is widely credited for establishing a timely and important industry-defining narrative for retail and ecommerce that is focused on disruption of the status quo and innovation in how consumers discover, shop and buy physical goods. Each year, Shoptalk’s agenda sets forth the key technologies, trends and business models that are transforming the ecosystem for a digital age. These perspectives are shared in more than 100 main stage and track sessions by the world’s best lineup of speakers, empowering the retail and ecommerce ecosystem as it continues through a period of disruptive change.
2018’s agenda incorporates a wide range of compelling formats such as Startup Pitch, Research and Market Insights, Business School Perspectives and Deep Dives, and includes both specialty content as well as tracks such as:
- Shopping Experiences of the Future
- The Future of Brands
- The Retail Industry Shakeout
- The Evolution of the Retail Store
- Conversational Commerce
- Advances in Payments and Checkout
- Innovations in Delivery, Pickup and Logistics
- Product and Merchandising Strategies
- Shifting Ecommerce Trends and Technologies
- Culture and Leadership for Retail Innovation
- Engaging Customer Experiences
- Marketing Strategies and Technologies
- The State of Global Retail and Ecommerce
- Innovation in China
- Disruptive Technologies and Pioneering Brands
The 2018 agenda also includes extensive coverage of next generation technologies on virtually every session. Just a few areas covered in depth during the four days of Shoptalk include:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Connected Devices
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Fulfillment and Logistics
- Measurement and Analytics
- Mobile Technologies
- Store Technologies
- Marketing Technologies
As with prior years, Shoptalk’s speaker lineup will consist of its original blend of large retailers and brands, startup direct-to-consumer businesses, established and emerging tech companies, investors, media and analysts. In 2018, the agenda will be expanded to include a global view of retail and ecommerce innovation, featuring more than 75 speakers from across Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
While additional speakers are being confirmed literally daily, the speaker lineup currently includes:
- Macy’s President & CEO, Jeff Gennette
- Google President of Global Partnerships, Daniel Alegre
- Ascena Retail Group (Brands include Ann Taylor, LOFT, Lane Bryant, Dressbarn, Justice) CEO, David Jaffe
- BJ's Wholesale Rafeh Masood, Chief Digital Officer
- MediaMarktSaturn Retail Group Martin Wild, Chief Digital Officer
- Bugaboo Mieke Veldhuis, Chief Commerce Officer
- Kellogg’s Oskar Kaszubski, Global VP of eCommerce Acceleration
- Anheuser Busch Inbev (ZX Ventures) Pooja Natarajan, Global Director, Strategy & Finance
- Mars, Inc Heather Kang, Global Director – Digital/Ecommerce
- Johnson & Johnson Neil Ackerman, Senior Director, Global Supply Chain Advanced Planning
- ASICS Corporation Daniel Smith, GM ASICS Digital
- K-Swiss Chris Moynihan, Head of Global E-Commerce
- Randa Accessories David Katz, Chief Marketing Officer
- C&A Brazil Paulo Corrêa, CEO
- Pirch Andrea Dorigo, CEO
- Instacart Nilam Ganenthiran, Chief Business Officer
- Minted Mariam Naficy, Founder and CEO
- Madison Reed Amy Errett, CEO
- UNTUCKit Aaron Sanandres, Co-Founder and CEO
- Gwynnie Bee Christine Hunsicker, CEO
- Allbirds Tim Brown, Co-Founder
- Viber Djamel Agaoua, CEO
- BuildDirect Jeff Booth, CEO
- Greats Ryan Babenzien, CEO / Founder Greats
- Function of Beauty Zahir Dossa, CE and /Founder
- Cuyana Karla Gallardo, Founder and CEO
- goPuff Rafael Ilishayev Co-Founder and CEO
- Mizzen + Main Kevin Lavelle, CEO and Founder
- Frank & Oak Ethan Song Co-Founder and CEO
- Lesara Roman Kirsch, Founder and CEO
- Vestiaire Collective Sébastien Fabre, Founder and CEO
- M.Gemi Ben Fischman Founder and CEO
- Stuart Damien Bon, CEO
- CommonSense Robotics Elram Goren, Co-Founder and CEO
- GGP Melinda Holland, Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Fung Global Retail & Technology Deborah Weinswig, Managing Director
- The Wharton School Barbara Kahn, Patty and Jay H. Baker Professor of Marketing
- The Wharton School Pete Fader, Frances and Pei-Yuan Chia Professor of Marketing
- The Wharton School David Bell, Xinmei Zhang and Yongge Dai Professor of Marketing
- The Wharton School John Zhang, Murrel J. Ades Professor of Marketing
- The Wharton School Eric Bradlow, The K.P. Chao Professor of Marketing
- The Wharton School Michael Platt, James S. Riepe University Professor of Marketing
“Our lineup of speakers already represents a broad spectrum of different company sizes, categories and geographies, and we’ll be adding even more global companies to the agenda”, said Zia Daniell Wigder, Chief Global Content Officer, Shoptalk. “This international focus is essential given that retail and ecommerce are changing everywhere around the world and no single geographic region dominates in terms of innovation: To fully understand how these industries are evolving, a global lens is now essential.”
Those interested in speaking, can apply at https://shoptalk.com/speakers/apply.
Shoptalk is the world’s largest conference for retail and ecommerce innovation. Held annually in Las Vegas, Shoptalk is an unprecedented global gathering of individuals and companies reshaping how consumers discover, shop and buy. The event provides a platform for large retailers and brands, startups, tech companies, investors, media and analysts to learn, collaborate and evolve. Shoptalk will be held on March 18-21, 2018 at the Venetian in Las Vegas. For 2017, Shoptalk will also be held in Europe on October 9-11, 2017 at the Bella Center in Copenhagen. For more information, visit www.shoptalk.com and www.shoptalkeurope.com. Follow @shoptalk. Like facebook.com/shoptalk.
More websites for Point-of-sale niches:
POS-Advice.com - a 100% focus on restaurant point of sale technology and trends. Offers insightful posts and resources.
POSforum.net - a support forum where users share information and answer tech questions for various restaurant POS products including Oracle/Micros and Aloha.
Restaurantsoftwarelist.com - A list of technology solutions for restaurants and hospitality. Find developers, manufacturers, resellers and processors.
Digital POS Magazine - 28-32 pages about Point-of-sale - Approx 8x a year. Each issue varies in focus for assorted trends or major industry shows.
BarCode.com - Great content on bar codes, bar code printing, labels, bar code supplies, RFID, IoT, UPC codes, QR codes and much more. Over 3,000 articles and completely free. Includes a free barcode label making tool and where to buy a bar code for your products.
Other POS News:
- Merchant e-Solutions Partners with CardFlight to Offer SwipeSimple Mobile Payment Solution
- Anaheim Ducks Name Toshiba Official Document Solutions Partner
- RELEX Solutions Fuels Growth with Additional Funding from Summit Partners
- BTM Global Announces Scheels Service Shop Integration is Live
- Quri Announces Partnership with Acosta to Revolutionize the In-Store Marketing Experience
- Lesara Announces $40M in Funding for Strategic Development and Expansion
- Nets Delivers Instant P2P Payments in Partnership with Norway’s Vipps
Get The Point of Sale News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.