WASHINGTON, September 28, 2017 – Senior executives from two of the internet’s largest social media platforms, the founder of one of the nation’s best-known online political publications and the head of a global food brand will be among the keynote speakers as more than 35,000 retail industry leaders from around the world gather in New York City early next year for NRF 2018: Retail’s Big Show.
“Each year we strive to make Retail’s Big Show more inspiring and innovative than the year before, and 2018 is no different,” National Retail Federation President and CEO Matthew Shay said. “Each member of the keynote lineup will provide thought-provoking and insightful business guidance that attendees can take home to help them run and grow their companies.”
The three-day conference opens on January 14, 2018, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. Confirmed keynote speakers to date include:
- Martin Barthel, head of global retail and ecommerce strategy, Facebook
- Arianna Huffington, founder, The Huffington Post
- Marne Levine, chief operating officer, Instagram
- Hamdi Ulukaya, founder and CEO, Chobani
Along with the keynotes, the NRF annual convention will present a series of speakers, breakout sessions, networking events and an exhibit floor showcasing cutting-edge retail technology. The conference also brings together hundreds of talented young people in a student program designed to engage and foster the next generation of retail talent.
NRF is the world’s largest retail trade association, representing discount and department stores, home goods and specialty stores, Main Street merchants, grocers, wholesalers, chain restaurants and Internet retailers from the United States and more than 45 countries. Retail is the nation’s largest private sector employer, supporting one in four U.S. jobs — 42 million working Americans. Contributing $2.6 trillion to annual GDP, retail is a daily barometer for the nation’s economy.
Other news from Pointofsale.com (The Point of Sale News)
- First Data Introduces Disburse-to-Debit Solution for Real Time Payments
- New Release of Transaction+ Payment Processing Application for Retailers and Restaurants
- Pundi X launches first retail point of sale solution for cryptocurrency in Indonesia
- #shoporg17 Dynamic Action named Retail’s Digital Startup of the Year
- Sonic Drive-In Point of Sale Systems Hacked - KrebsonSecurity.com
- NRF Launches New Quarterly Report On Consumer Behavior
- Study: 37% of shoppers don’t trust Alexa with their payment info
- Retailers Say Tax Reform Proposal Could Provide Major Boost for the Economy
- NRF President and CEO to Host Media Briefing on 2017 Holiday ForecastUpserve Makes Online Ordering Easier for Restaurateurs - No Per-order fees
- #Shoporg17 PredictSpring and M.Gemi Launch Enhanced In-Store Mobile Commerce Experience