DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "World Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Smart Label Market - Opportunities and Forecasts, 2014 - 2022" report to their offering.
Radio frequency identification is the application of electromagnetic fields to transfer electronically stored data which helps in identifying and tracking tags attached to objects. Special tags are fixed to merchandise or books which store the labels ID and other information. RFID smart labels allows to retain bar code/shipping label information with the help of passive RFID technology.
These labels besides majorly being used for tracking the inventory & merchandise also offer added protection to the RFID chip from adverse physical condition such as heat, dust, and humidity. Major applications of RFID smart label are in printing standard bar code/QR code and label text.
Rising application of RFID sensing labels in various segments such as healthcare, pharmaceutical, and food & beverage industries is the key factor driving the growth of the market. Furthermore, the large scale usage of RFID labels in retail inventory and pallet tracking is a major factor fueling the growth of the market. Extensive support by governments across APAC countries and the convergence of various technologies will provide growth momentum to the market. The market would witness significant growth due to wide adoption of UHF (ultra-high frequency) RFID smart labels. The reasons responsible for the growth of UHF segment are large memory space which enables users to store extensive amount of data and access to many labels concurrently. This reduces time and increases operational efficiency.
Lack of coherent privacy regulations, given the intrusive nature of RFID smart labels technology, is a key market challenge that will hamper the growth of the market. Privacy concerns that restrict the growth of the market are the impossibility for consumers to know whether an inventory, product or package has an RFID sensing label attached to it for the purpose of covert tracking. The design of more safeguard by different regulatory agencies will help the key market players to overcome this challenge.
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- Checkpoint Systems
- CCL Industries
- Smartrac N.V.
- SATO Holdings Corporation
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/77vgbh/world_radio
- B2 Payment Solutions Announces New Website that Features a New eCommerce Store and B2 University
- Adyen Discloses 2016 Revenues of $727 Million, Growing 99% Year-Over-Year
- New England Made Giftware & Specialty Food Show Releases 2017 Retailer Report
- StubHub Introduces New Social Tools To Make Planning, Organizing and Attending Events More Engaging
- Mirabyte Presents New Software Solution for Appealing Dashboards on Digital Signage Screens
- China remains strongest POS growth market for 2017 in Asia
- MMF POS Launches New Protective Covers For Payment Terminals and Other POS Peripherals
- Register Now For RFID Journal Live! #rfidjournal
- Gunnebo to Showcase Intelligent Note and Coin Recycler at RILA's Conference
- A “Toast” to improved restaurant and bar management