WASHINGTON, September 27, 2017 – Dynamic Action, a data analysis company company based in Silicon Valley, California was named Digital Commerce Startup of the Year today at the National Retail Federation’s annual Shop.org conference in Los Angeles.
“This award recognizes promising young companies that are pushing the boundaries of the digital retail experience,” NRF Senior Director for Digital Retail Jill Dvorak said. “Venture capitalists, retailers and analysts alike agree that this year’s finalists all have the ability to positively impact the course of the retail industry. With the help of presenting partner Intel, we are happy to honor Dynamic Action today and are confident that it will continue driving digital retail forward with its innovations and vision for the future.”
“It’s a great honor to be recognized with all the other finalist,” Dynamic Action CEO of John Squire said. “To win this award is a strong testament of the work our team, investors, but most importantly what our judges saw, in Dynamic Action’s ability to transform retail.”
Dynamic Action was one of three finalists selected in August, and the final winner was chosen by a panel of industry judges after the companies’ CEOs made presentations at this week’s conference. The two additional finalists and their CEOs were:
- Demandjump, a marketing technology company in Indianapolis; Christopher Day, co-founder and CEO
- Salsify, a product content management company in Boston; Jason Purcell, CEO
Judges for the competition were:
Joe Jensen, vice president and general manager, retail solutions, Intel
Pano Anthos, founder and managing director, XRC Labs
David Brussin, founder and executive chairman, Monetate Inc.
Bryon Colby, senior vice president, Cornerstone Brands Inc.
Chuck Davis, chairman and CEO, Prodege
Kobie Fuller, general partner, Upfront Ventures
Michael Griffin, founder and CEO, Adlucent
Angela Kapp, president, Kappcorp
Mary Lou Kelley, former president, ecommerce, Best Buy
Alex Miller, senior vice president, digital commerce, QVC
The Digital Startup of the Year award is presented each year to recognize the industry’s most innovative and creative startup that experts agree will significantly improve or alter the retail industry. Companies must be U.S.-based retail or technology firms in business for less than five years with less than $100 million in annual revenue. The winner receives $20,000 and a free one-year NRF membership, and has a chance to pitch its products and services before ecommerce and technology executives from NRF’s Digital Council.
NRF is the world’s largest retail trade association, representing discount and department stores, home goods and specialty stores, Main Street merchants, grocers, wholesalers, chain restaurants and internet retailers from the United States and more than 45 countries. Retail is the nation’s largest private sector employer, supporting one in four U.S. jobs – 42 million working Americans. Contributing $2.6 trillion to annual GDP, retail is a daily barometer for the nation’s economy.
Other Point of sale and retail technology news:
- Sonic Drive-In Point of Sale Systems Hacked - KrebsonSecurity.com
- O Alliance Continues Expansion With Addition of Olson-NG Retail Consulting
- NRF Launches New Quarterly Report On Consumer Behavior
- Study: 37% of shoppers don’t trust Alexa with their payment info
- Retailers Say Tax Reform Proposal Could Provide Major Boost for the Economy
- NRF President and CEO to Host Media Briefing on 2017 Holiday Forecast
- Trace One Insight Smashes Retail Data Silos for Private Label Success
- ATMIA Releases Operation Choke Point Resource Kit
- SmartOSC joins Shopify Plus Agency Network, Helping Localize E-commerce Solutions For Asia
- U.S. Consumer Goods & Retail CEOs More Optimistic Than KPMG Study
- Upserve Makes Online Ordering Easier for Restaurateurs - No Per-order fees
- #Shoporg17 PredictSpring and M.Gemi Launch Enhanced In-Store Mobile Commerce Experience
- First-Ever Responsive AI Hologram Launched By VNTANA And Satisfi Labs Partnership
- Executives Join 225+ Speakers At Shoptalk Europe