Future POS Partners with PAX A920: A Game Changing Mobile Solution for Today’s Restaurateur
It’s hard to believe that it’s been four years since Future POS first released their revolutionary cross platform POS app that runs on both Android and iOS. At that time, Future POS President John Giles was quoted as saying “with the mobile operating system war more hotly contested than ever, it seemed foolish for us to bet the future of our company on who we thought the winner would be. So we decided that any app we created had to be 100% cross platform to avoid obsolescence in just a few years. We selected a tool that allowed us to leverage the 16 years of ‘C’ code we’ve developed in the industry standard Future POS Front End. The tool also allows us to write the app once, and compile it for bot iOS and Android. It also means that the code in the app that is calculating sales tax is the exact same code that does it in our battle proven Windows product, so we don’t have to start from square one like the numerous iPad science projects that have come to market in the last few years.”
Fast forward to today where Future POS will celebrate their 20th Anniversary and continue to be pioneers in the POS arena. The mobile app is rock solid and has been used by many restaurant chains as well as other high volume locations. The problem has never been the POS technology but rather finding a reliable device that can support our app.
Yes, of course Future POS customers can use an iPod, iPad Mini, and iPad. But let’s face it those devices are not really designed to be rugged and finding a reliable Android device has really been a nightmare up until now.
Future POS has recently been certified with the PAX A920-The world’s first Android tablet mobile terminal with full EMV payment industry certifications. The A920 is fashionable and comes with a 5-inch high-resolution color touch screen, dual cameras, underside-positioned fast thermal printer, advanced connectivity options, NFC capabilities, GPS technology and electronic signature capture functionality. In addition the PAX A920 has 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and a 2D scanner. The state-of-the-art processors and large memory capacity enable exceptionally fast processing of software applications.
This exciting partnership is expected to take the industry by storm because it’s what everyone has been waiting for and more. The Future POS app is just cool…it leverages technologies that other companies haven’t even considered. Things like “speech to text” for order entry, RFID support for automatic check retrieval based on the closest table, and soon to be released Fingerprint Recognition, which Future POS pioneered in its Windows product.
Other Point of Sale News
- Epson and CIT Partner to Provide Streamlined Financing Options for Commercial Customers
- Mastercard and HERE Power Ride Towards a More Connected World
- Blackhawk Network to Expand Alipay Mobile Wallet Acceptance to Select Top Retailers
- BTM Global Joins NetSuite Alliance Partner Program
- Sold-out NRF Foundation Gala Raises $2.8 Million to Support Student Scholarships
- Epson Introduces OmniLink Multifunction POS Printer & Engages Visitors
- Epson Launches New OmniLink Multifunction POS Receipt Printer
- Epson Adds Two Iconex Media Solutions to its List of Tested Media
- Epson Wins Two Awards in the Seventh Annual 2017 Best in Biz North America Awards
- Revolutionary Pay at the Table Solutions