AFEHC, 20 years attending the #NRAShow
Barcelona (Spain), May 2016.- For the 20th consecutive year, the Spanish Exporting Manufacturers Association for the Hospitality Industry (AFEHC) is organizing, with the support of ICEX Spain Trade and Investment, a group participation of Spanish companies in the Restaurant Hotel-Motel Show, better known as NRA Show. The event, specialized in food and foodservice equipment, will be held from May 21 to May 24 at the McCormick Place in Chicago (United States).
The group participations of Spanish foodservice equipment manufacturers go back to 1997. According to Rafael Olmos, president of AFEHC, this show has been the platform for many Spanish companies to make themselves known in the American market. “The United States is currently the main non-European destination market for exports in the Spanish foodservice equipment industry, and most of the Spanish firms that usually attend this event have a subsidiary in the US”, Mr Olmos states.
The group attending the show under the umbrella of the brand Horeca Equipment from Spain will be made up of 8 companies:
- ARAVEN (plasticware for the catering industry)
- CORECO (refrigeration equipment for the foodservice industry)
- INFRICO (commercial refrigeration equipment)
- ITV ICE MAKERS (ice-making machines)
- JOSPER (charcoal ovens)
- SAMMIC (food preparation and preservation equipment)
- ZUMEX (fruit and vegetable juice extraction equipment) and
- ZUMMO (automatic citrus-fruit juicers).
To commemorate AFEHC’s 20th anniversary in the NRA, the Association will organize an event at its booth (South Hall, stand 1972) on May 22 from 4PM. This event, which has been called Spanish Evening, will be an encounter to boost the networking between the Spanish exhibitors and visitors. Furthermore, among its promotional activities is the publication of a promotional brochure with information about the Spanish group participation, which has been sent to pre-registered foodservice equipment distributors and will be distributed at the Association’s stand during the show.
AFEHC is a non-profit organization whose aim is to increase the international exposure of Spanish manufacturers of equipment for the hotel, restaurant and catering industry. The association is made up of more than 70 companies, including the leading Spanish manufacturers of equipment for the catering and hospitality industry.
Other Point of Sale blogs that may interest you:
- Conformance Technologies First to Make PCI DSS 3.2 Compliance Validation Available
- Biz Begins 2016 with Record Breaking Quarter
- Christie Hamberis, Tracey Boucher of ScanSource Named 2016 Women Of the Channel
- Fifty Percent of CardFlight Merchants Are Now EMV-enabled
- Verifi Cardholder Dispute Resolution Network (CDRN) Grows Significantly
- ABI Research Names Tyco Top Company for Retail Customer Analytics Innovation