ATM Heist Nets $13 mill in 2 hours with 1,600 fake credit cards
In what has to be one of the most well organized efforts by criminals, 1,600 fake credit cards were used at 1,400 ATM machines in 2 hours. Crooks netted $13 million.
It was done in 14,000 separate transactions.
See the full story at CNN Money – http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/23/news/bank-fraud-south-africa-japan/index.html
More point of sale news::
- Revel Systems Announces Integration with Expensify
- ATM Heist Nets $13 mill in 2 hours with 1,600 fake credit cards
- Baron Stelling Named 2016 Star of the Bar Winner
- eyeQ Closes $3.5 Million Series A Funding From Align Capital
- Full House for Signature ’16: Turn the Tables at #NRAShow 2016
- Lavazza to launch Lavazza ¡Tierra! and Grand Hotel at the 2016 #NRAShow
- Karen Richardson to join Worldpay Group plc Board
- MasterCard Puts New Cutting-Edge Fraud Prevention Tool in Hands of Small Business Owners
- INSIDE Secure’s MatrixHCE Integrates Visa’s Token Services for HCE Mobile Payments
- FutureProof Retail Supports Merchants with New Sale Items Feature