ATMIA Launches EMV Survey To Gauge ATM Channel Progress In U.S.
SIOUX FALLS, SD, January 29, 2018. ATMIA (the ATM Industry Association) announced today that it has launched a new survey to gauge the progress of EMV migration in the U.S. The 2018 survey is the fourth in a well-received series that was first released in 2014. While the banner objective is to assess how complete EMV migration is in the ATM channel, ATMIA is also seeking some measure of what challenges ATM operators face in a post-migration environment and their strategies for the next few years ahead.
Reports from ATM operators, both financial institutions and independents, indicate that problems with card readers and the chip cards themselves are not uncommon. And independents, in particular, are expressing frustration over what many see as very confusing EMV fraud resolution processes. Looking ahead, the survey questions respondents about their plans for deployment of NFC technology, cardless solutions, and new ATM functionality.
The 2018 ATMIA EMV Migration Survey is open to all ATM operators/owners/acquirers – both independents and financial institutions. And only to ATM operators. Operators who are not ATMIA members are also welcome to participate. There are only 20 brief questions, which should not take more than a few minutes to complete. To begin the survey, click here.
It is expected that data analysis will be complete and the survey report available to ATMIA members by early March. Non-member participants will receive a code with which to claim a copy of the full report.
Other Point of Sale News
- RBS Selects NBC PrismPOS
- FinTech Startup Raises Series A Capital for Payments Fraud Solution
- Voice Commerce, Software Solutions Top Trends in 2018, Finds Market Spotlight
- RevCascade Launches Influencer Commerce Platform “Souler”
- Quotient Technology & Albertsons Companies Launch Retailers New Data-Driven Media Platform
- Mastercard Launches ‘Start Something Priceless’ Movement: Make 2018 Your Year of Action
- RMG Announces Contract for its Next-Generation Korbyt SaaS Platform with Large Resort
- Mastercard Launches the Inclusive Futures Project, Aimed Toward Gig and On-Demand Workers
- Barnes & Noble Announces Barnes & Noble Press™
- Linc Global’s AI Platform Powers Automated Customer Care for Lamps Plus