ATMIA Publishes Compilation eBook Commemorating The People Behind the ATM
SIOUX FALLS, SD – The ATM Industry Association (ATMIA) has published “Meet the People Behind the ATM You Use Every Day,” to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the ATM as well as ATMIA’s 20th anniversary. The eBook is a compilation of the dynamic stories told by a variety of people and companies active in both ATMIA and the ATM industry which were published by the association throughout the year.
“One of our association’s founding values is humanity – relationships based on respect and trust within our worldwide industry,” said Mike Lee, ATMIA CEO. “These are true stories of industry connections, friendships, romances and even marriages which were born in our industry over the years.”
The publication displays the respect, support, relationships and fun on which the ATM industry has thrived and grown over the past 50 years. ATMIA members share stories of the shoes they have worn, the ideas that have worked, advice they wish to share, the strange circumstances that led them to ATMs and much more. Like the ATM industry, the stories span across the globe, from the U.S. to Canada, Austria, Spain and beyond!
“The next generation of ATMs,” said Lee, “will be built, like the first 50 years, not on technology alone but on technology AND humanity working side by side. In the future, we will need an even more networked industry as we seek new global standards to increase interoperability.”
To find out more about the people behind the ATM industry, download “Meet the People Behind the ATM You Use Every Day”.
ATMIA is the leading non-profit trade association representing the entire global ATM industry. ATMIA serves more than 10,500 members from over 650 participating companies in 67 countries spanning the whole ATM ecosphere, including financial institutions, independent ATM deployers, equipment manufacturers, processors and a plethora of ATM service and value-added solution providers. ATMIA provides education, advocacy and connections to help its members keep abreast of industry news and developments; increase knowledge and professionalism; improve operational efficiencies; understand and influence regulatory processes; participate in the local, regional and global ATM community; and forge new relationships to advance their businesses. Founded in 1997, ATMIA has active chapters in the United States, Canada, Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, Asia, Africa, India and the Middle East focusing on the unique needs and issues of each region. For more information, please visit atmia.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter or YouTube.
Other Point of Sale News:
- GK Software to Introduce Real-Time Omni-Channel Personalization Driven by AI at Big Show
- Payments in Denmark 2017: What Consumers Want
- Divido and Digital River to Help Ecommerce Brands Increase Revenue through Retail Finance
- Arizona’s Tucson Federal Credit Union Drives Transformed Branch Experience
- Can You Accept Global Payment Standards?
- EnterWorks Reinvigorates Stores by Enabling a New Digital Retail Reality
- Retailers Applaud NLRB’s Decision to Rescind Micro-Unions
- Retail Store Tours to Launch at # NRF18: Retail’s Big Show
- UnionPay International expanding QR code to encourage the use of the Mobile QuickPass APP
- Retailers Positioned to Benefit as Banks Open Their Networks with New European Regulations