ATMIA Release New ATM Explosive Attacks Best Practices
London, UK, & Sioux Falls, USA – ATMIA has today published a new manual for the ATM industry entitled “Defending Against ATM Explosive Attacks – Best Practices Digest”. The association has produced these minimum security guidelines and best practices for protecting ATM systems in the light of a spread of explosive attacks in recent times, for example, in some countries of Europe.
“I’d like to congratulate the world’s most recognisable ATM security expert, Douglas Russell, on another highly effective manual which will help to defend ATMs against this kind of brute force attack,” commented Mike Lee, CEO of ATMIA.
The best practice guide defines and illustrates in detail the types and methods of explosive attacks.
“Douglas then guides our members on how to enhance perimeter and building security, and on what kind of security solutions are out there, including banknote degradation technologies and explosive-resistant safes as well as what defensive steps will be important in combating this threat,” Lee added.
About ATMIA www.atmia.com
ATMIA is the leading non-profit trade association representing the entire global ATM industry. ATMIA serves more than 10,000 members from over 650 participating companies in 66 countries spanning the whole ATM ecosphere, including financial institutions, independent ATM deployers, equipment manufacturers, processors and a plethora of ATM service and value-added solution providers. ATMIA provides education, advocacy and connections to help its members keep abreast of industry news and developments; increase knowledge and professionalism; improve operational efficiencies; understand and influence regulatory processes; participate in the local, regional and global ATM community; and forge new relationships to advance their businesses. Founded in 1997, ATMIA has active chapters in the United States, Canada, Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, Asia, Africa, India and the Middle East focusing on the unique needs and issues of each region. For more information, please visit atmia.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter or YouTube.
Other POS News:
- Zebra Technologies’ Scanner Scale Expedites Checkout Lines and Improves Shopper Experience
- Appetize Brings Advanced Concessions Technology to Yankee Stadium and other Pro Baseball Venues
- Doddle Chooses MobileIron Cloud as the Platform for Its Mobile-First Growth
- TouchBistro Launches Integration with Square in the UK
- Clearent Helps Businesses Process Chip Card Transactions Faster
- PoS Accessories Market to Grow at 7.80% CAGR by 2021 Says a New Research Report
- Verifone Collaborates with Sage to Offer Payment & Cloud Solutions in Europe #Money2020