Avangate Acquires 2Checkout to Expand Payment Flexibility and Broaden Market Reach
World class eCommerce and subscription management solutions pair with advanced global payment capabilities to create a unique set of offerings
ATLANTA, GA – April 03, 2017 – Avangate, the global eCommerce and subscription billing platform for software, SaaS, and digital solutions, announces its acquisition of 2Checkout, a global payment processor. The combined company will offer the industry’s most comprehensive product and service suite in the subscription billing and eCommerce space, linking payment model flexibility with advanced eCommerce, recurring revenue management, and marketing capabilities on a global level.
- World-class subscription management, eCommerce, and payment services from a single provider
- Flexible payment model options, from the largely outsourced merchant of record model to API-driven payment facilitation and payment gateway models, with the ability to pick and choose the products and services that best fit each customer’s unique needs
- The ability to conduct business and settle transactions in more than 30 languages and 130 local currencies
- Support for both digital and physical goods and services in more than 250 merchant categories in 200 countries and territories worldwide
- Enhanced customer service globally due to increased operational scale and support
- Increased innovation and operational efficiency due to the acquisition of additional talent with deep industry expertise in a number of functional areas
“The ability to sell products and services all over the world, both in-country and cross-border, and to use as much or as little of the platform as the client desires, is the driving force behind the combination. The resulting company creates a unique offering in the marketplace, bringing added scale and flexibility that will help merchants further accelerate revenue growth. The acquisition of 2Checkout will enhance Avangate’s ability to simplify the complexity of selling products and services globally, whether via one-time purchases or recurring transactions,” said Hart. “We are also excited about welcoming Ken Benvenuto to our Board of Directors. Ken’s extensive payments industry expertise and operating experience will add considerable value to the combined company’s Board,” added Hart.
“Joining the 2Checkout payment service provider and gateway capabilities with Avangate’s subscription management and merchant of record services will position the company for significant growth in attractive markets around the world. By coming together, we can lead the eCommerce and subscription management space, accelerate our payment offerings, and expand our footprint worldwide. I’m excited about helping the new 2Checkout deliver a unique set of capabilities to the growing eCommerce marketplace,” said Benvenuto.
The financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Avangate, a Francisco Partners portfolio company, is the digital commerce provider that helps Software, SaaS, and digital solution providers sell their products and services via multiple channels, acquire customers across multiple touch points, increase customer and revenue retention, leverage smarter payment options, and maximize sales conversion rates. Avangate’s clients include ABBYY, Absolute, Bitdefender, FICO, HP Software, Kaspersky Lab, and many more companies across the globe. More information can be found on www.avangate.com.
Other Point of Sale articles of interest:
- Deputy Announces Broad Adoption in Retail Sector
- Mastercard cardholders in UAE can now use Samsung Pay
- Sterling Payment Unveils Enhanced EMV Payment Solution Leveraging Ingenico Smart Terminals
- ATMIA Publishes Roadmap for ATM Deployers
- Lightspeed POS Announces Five Noteworthy Hospitality Customers
- Alternet Systems Cannabis Point of Sale System to Process Cafe Sales at trade show