Bango Launches Resale Technology with Amazon in India
CAMBRIDGE, England–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Bango (AIM: BGO), the leading mobile payments company, has expanded the use of its platform to provide resale and bundling technology to Amazon, enabling customers to sign-up to Amazon Prime in India through resellers that offer product bundles.
India’s largest mobile network operator, Bharti Airtel, is the first to make Amazon Prime available as part of a bundled package offered to its customers. Eligible customers can activate the offer through the Airtel TV app, entitling them to enjoy the benefits of a free one-year Amazon Prime membership.
The Bango Platform ensures that the moment the customer accepts the service it becomes active and they receive uninterrupted access for as long as they continue to subscribe. This launch represents a new application of the Bango Platform to enable reselling at scale.
“Bango partners have identified another way to meet customer needs for instant, uninterrupted access to the best content and services. Bundles and resale are a natural business model extension for merchants wanting to increase customer reach”, commented Ray Anderson, CEO, Bango. “This launch highlights the versatility of the Bango Platform and strength of relationships that have seen Bango take partners into new territories, for new types of goods and services, through one, standard platform.”
This launch follows the successful launch of Direct Carrier Billing (DCB) for Amazon retail customers in Japan (June 2017), which then expanded to customers of Amazon Prime and Prime Student membership programmes (November 2017).
Bango is the standard platform chosen by leading global stores to deliver mobile payments to everyone. As the next billion consumers adopt their first smartphone and look for universal payment methods, Bango will be there to unlock the world of apps, video, music, games and other content that brings those smartphones to life. Global stores plugging into the Bango Platform include Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN), Google (NASDAQ: GOOG), Samsung (005930: Korea SE) and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT). Bango also partners with leading payment providers around the world to drive new users and revenues through its industry-leading mobile payment solutions.
Other Point of Sale News
- Displaydata to Showcase Augmented Reality Navigation Demo with Aisle411 at NRF 2018
- CompuCom Unveils the ‘Self Healing Store’ to Help Retailers Beat Technology Downtime
- Avery Dennison’s Intelligent Label Technology is Changing the Retail Game at #NRF2018 Expo
- Hughes Systique and Hughes Network Systems Launch WiFi Analytics Solution at #NRF2018
- OneView Commerce Brings Order Management to the Next Level for Omnichannel Retailers
- Cutting-Edge Array of Self-Serve Automation from Apex Helps Retail Build Business
- Esri and UberMedia Help Retailers Understand the Path to Purchase
- Visa Brings Sensory Branding to Merchants, Terminal Manufacturers and Developers
- Press Here! Visa Begins Pilots of New Biometric Payment Card
- Samsung Debuts “Connected” Pop-Up Store Solution for Retailers #NRF2018