Barnes & Noble Announces Barnes & Noble Press™
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), the world’s largest retail bookseller, today announced the launch of Barnes & Noble Press, an enhanced and more user-friendly version of the Company’s self-publishing platform that makes it easy to publish eBooks or print books in one integrated platform. The redesigned site replaces the formerly-named NOOK Press.
The new Barnes & Noble Press enhances the self-publishing experience in many ways, including increased royalty rates for eBooks priced at $10.00 and above, as well as additional trim size options for print books. Barnes & Noble Press also continues to give qualified authors the opportunity to apply for signings and events at Barnes & Noble bookstores, as well as giving select authors the opportunity to sell their books in stores.
“Barnes & Noble has helped authors of all kinds publish hundreds of thousands of titles on its self-publishing platform, giving them a chance to reach a national readership,” said Fred Argir, Chief Digital Officer at Barnes & Noble. “Now, we’re thrilled to announce Barnes & Noble Press, which combines eBooks and print into one easy-to-use platform, as well as offering new features and tools for both the established author and the hobbyist.”
Barnes & Noble Press has a number of exciting new features, including:
- Improved user experience and new visual design
- Sign in to a single website to create and manage print and eBooks all in one place
- Increased royalty rate of 65% for eBooks priced $10.00+
- Additional print book trim sizes, glossy cover and color printing options
- 12 month pre-order capability for all authors for all eBooks
- Author tools & tips
Barnes & Noble Press has received favorable early reviews from some of the platform’s bestselling self-published authors.
“I appreciate the simplicity of the Barnes & Noble Press formatting and uploading process,” said Marie Force, a New York Timesbestselling author using Barnes & Noble Press. “The platform is great. It’s very clear, it’s easy to use, and I love publishing straight to NOOK readers so they can get my new book the minute it comes out.”
Current users of NOOK Press will be transferred automatically onto the new Barnes & Noble Press platform and their books will continue to be available for NOOK readers. Barnes & Noble Press remains committed to serving the self-publishing community by helping authors reach millions of readers, offering programs to help drive awareness and book sales, and providing high quality print-on-demand options so that anyone can create paperback or hardcover books for friends & family, business, fans, prospective readers and reviewers, and personal use.
To learn more about Barnes & Noble Press and keep up to date on new features, please visit http://press.barnesandnoble.com.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) is the world’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 632 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store features more than 4.5 million digital books in the US (www.nook.com), plus periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company’s corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
Other Point of Sale News
- Voice Commerce, Software Solutions Top Trends in 2018, Finds Market Spotlight
- Linc Global’s AI Platform Powers Automated Customer Care for Lamps Plus
- alphabroder Enhances Its Digital Commerce Experience With GroupBy’s Technology
- Mastercard and the U.S. Agency for International Development Announce New Coalition
- PowerReviews Introduces Innovative Products to Improve User-Generated Content Syndication
- ATMIA 2018 Promotes Innovation & Success for Cash & ATMs
- emnos Rolls out Its Retail Analytics Strategy for Non-Grocery Segments
- Skyline Hotel and Casino Chooses Agilysys to Deliver a Superior Guest Experience
- SMCP Transforms Digital Store Experience with PredictSpring and Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Talari Extends SD-WAN Scalability With New Platform