Baron Stelling Named 2016 Star of the Bar Winner
(CHICAGO)The National Restaurant Association today announced Baron Stelling of Paragary’s Midtown and The Shady Lady Saloon in San Francisco as the 2016 Star of the Bar, a national cocktail competition hosted by the National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show and BAR (Beverage Alcohol for Restaurants) at the NRA Show. For the first time, the competition was held live at BAR’s Main Stage in McCormick Place’s Lakeside Center, and was emceed by Spike TV’s Bar Rescue Host and Executive Producer Jon Taffer.
Stelling won with the creative Stag Savior cocktail, blending Jägermeister with gin, lime juice, grenadine, apricot liquor, dashes of bitters and absinthe, topped with a lime wheel and mint sprig garnish. Stelling was one of six finalists from the Regional Star of the Bar Market Challenge, who created drinks using Jägermeister, exclusively imported and distributed in the U.S. by Star of the Bar sponsor Sidney Frank Importing Company.
Finalists from each market were flown to Chicago to face off in front of show attendees and a panel of judges, including “World’s Best Bartender” winner Charles Joly, industry veteran Natalia Cardenas, and Eater Chicago Editor Daniel Gerzina. In addition to bragging rights as this year’s Star of the Bar, Stelling earned a $5,000 prize for his creation.
After six regional finals — held in Chicago, San Diego, Boston, Charleston, New York City, and San Francisco — Stelling then conquered the finals this past Sunday at BAR at the NRA Show, in front of the judges and amongst a crowd of BAR attendees, ultimately winning the title.
To download photos of the event, visit here.
The National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show® is the largest annual gathering of restaurant, foodservice, and lodging professionals in the world. NRA Show® 2016 will be held May 21-24 at McCormick Place in Chicago, and the 2016 BAR at NRA Show Event, held in conjunction with NRA Show, will take place May 22-23. The events attract 66,000+ attendees and visitors from all 50 states and 100+ countries, and showcase the latest products, services, innovative ideas, up-to-the-minute information about trends and issues, and growth opportunities. For more information, visit the NRA Show and BAR websites at Restaurant.org/Show and Restaurant.org/BAR and find the NRA Show on Twitter @NRAShow, Facebook, Instagram @NRAShow, YouTube, Flickr, Pinterest and our year-round content hub Brainfeed.
- eyeQ Closes $3.5 Million Series A Funding From Align Capital
- Full House for Signature ’16: Turn the Tables at #NRAShow 2016
- Lavazza to launch Lavazza ¡Tierra! and Grand Hotel at the 2016 #NRAShow
- Karen Richardson to join Worldpay Group plc Board
- MasterCard Puts New Cutting-Edge Fraud Prevention Tool in Hands of Small Business Owners
- INSIDE Secure’s MatrixHCE Integrates Visa’s Token Services for HCE Mobile Payments
- FutureProof Retail Supports Merchants with New Sale Items Feature
- Coborn’s and Foodtown Deploy Birdzi’s Shopper Engagement Platform
- Ziosk and Chili’s Grill & Bar Unveil New Android Pay Experience at Google I/O 2016
- Au Bon Pain Deploys Agilence’s 20/20 F&B™ Data Analytics and Reporting Solution
- Epson Announces Direct-Connect and Multi-Station Kitchen Display Systems #NRAshow
- MasterCard to Expand Digital Aid Distribution Services
- #NRAshow – DT Research Delivers 3-in-1 Mobile POS Tablet for Hospitality, Retail