Best Practices Guide Helps Retailers Harness the Power of Push Notification Marketing
VANCOUVER, BC–(Marketwired – Feb 1, 2016) – eCommerce and digital marketing executives who want to learn how to deploy the latest, low-noise web push notification channel as part of their omnichannel strategies can download the new Push Notifications Best Practices guide from mobile commerce and engagement leader Mobify. Available here, the guide offers advice on how to deliver more direct, relevant and personalized content to customers to inspire action whether at home, work or on the move.
In this guide, marketers will learn:
- Why web push, as well as app push notifications, are becoming essential parts of the digital marketer’s toolkit
- How to drive revenue and engagement with specific use cases
- How to inspire action and build loyalty with best practices for deploying both web and app push notifications
“Retailers use both app push notifications and web push notifications to engage customers and drive sales. While they have many similarities, there are some distinctions between the two in terms of reach, opt-in rates and location capabilities. The best approach is to use both channels together as they have slightly different capabilities and they reach different audiences (those who have downloaded your app and those who have not),” the report says.
Web push is a brand new communication channel which allows marketers to send messages directly to customers via their browser on both smartphones and desktops. While in many ways it behaves similarly to app push notifications, the beauty of web push is that customers don’t need to download an app or provide their email address to subscribe.
According to Mobify CMO Cliff Conneighton, “The new ability for Web push notifications to deliver messages straight to the browser means that retailers are re-evaluating the best communication approach to increase customer engagement. With Mobify technology and this guide, marketers have the information and technology they need to focus on creating the segmented messaging strategy that gets the most relevant, personalized message to the right customer at the right time.”
Mobify delivers technology and services that help companies engage connected consumers to increase revenue online and in-store. Mobify’s mobile customer engagement platform creates powerful mobile web and native applications and delivers the latest mobile push notification and location-based technology across all mobile devices. Delivered via the cloud and implemented with on-page tag technology that minimizes IT involvement, Mobify has more mobile experience and expertise than any traditional technology vendor, ensuring the best possible mobile experience and revenue outcomes. Innovative companies around the world have chosen Mobify, including Ann Taylor, Crocs, Carnival Cruises, Bosch, Superdry, Eddie Bauer, Tommy Bahama and Beyond the Rack. Learn more at www.mobify.com or follow us on Twitter @mobify.
- Red Wing Selects BTM Global for Custom Development and Oracle Retail Implementation
- Extracting Customer Insights From Big Data
- Optoro Partners With Groupon to Manage Returned and Excess Inventory
- Epson to Host Second Digital Couture Event During Fashion Week in New York
- MasterCard Incorporated Reports Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2015 Financial Results
- Big Banks To Allow Cardless ATM Use This Year
- Herlitz IM Introduces New Seasonality Feature
- Paypal Reports Strong Earnings and Growth