Brands and Retailers Can Now Manage Consumer Experiences Powered by Digimarc(R) Barcodes Using Powerful ScanLife Mobile Engagement Platform
BEAVERTON, OR and NEW YORK, NY–(Marketwired – Oct 13, 2015) – Digimarc Corporation (NASDAQ: DMRC) today announced that Scanbuy, Inc., a leader in mobile relationship management and maker of one of the most popular mobile applications for engaging consumers via UPCs, QR codes and similar tags, will add Digimarc® Barcode detection to the ScanLife mobile app.
The new agreement also gives participating brands and retailers access to the ScanLife Mobile Engagement Platform, providing unprecedented capabilities for creating, managing and tracking the consumer experiences and interactions activated by Digimarc Barcodes.
The Scanbuy Mobile Engagement Platform, an enterprise-class platform used today by some of the largest global brands and retailers, enables customers to deliver smarter, richer and more relevant mobile experiences. By supporting Digimarc Barcodes, Scanbuy’s unique and powerful platform provides an even greater value proposition for brands and retailers in search for more meaningful and direct interactions with their consumers.
Millions of ScanLife smartphone app users will be able to scan Digimarc Barcodes, significantly expanding the consumer base that benefits from the patented technology. Scanbuy processed over 45 million engagements by consumers in over 140 countries during the first half of 2015.
“Scanning products with a mobile device is increasingly part of everyday life, creating new connections between brands, retailers and their customers,” said Maryann Moschides, Chief Marketing Officer at Scanbuy. “Our partnership with Digimarc benefits everyone. Brands and retailers use the ScanLife platform to easily manage and track every aspect of the mobile shopping experience. And consumers delve into digital experiences by merely pointing their phones at any part of a Digimarc-enabled package. This was a natural product evolution for both consumer convenience and mobile relationship management.”
“Scanbuy’s success shows just how much consumers have embraced the idea of scanning packages to get better product information, and Digimarc Barcode technology helps by making the process faster and more intuitive,” said Mark Belfiglio, VP of Sales, Digimarc. “By empowering shoppers at the point of decision and providing real-time analytics about every engagement, companies like Scanbuy are helping to drive sales results and build stronger customer relationships.”
Market Background & Product Details
- Digimarc Barcode-enabled product packages are now appearing on retail shelves
- Digimarc Barcodes are imperceptible to people, but readable by enabled smartphones (iOS and Android) and Point of Sale scanners
- Digimarc Barcodes activate and deliver to consumers engaging digital content
- ScanLife platform enables the creation, measurement and monitoring of dynamic digital content delivery, now triggered by Digimarc Barcodes
- Consumers can get information, reviews, videos, promotions, deals and much more
- Digimarc Barcodes are more reliable than image recognition
- Digimarc Barcodes contain the same GTIN data as traditional barcodes
- Embedded and replicated across the entire surface of a package, Digimarc Barcodes deliver greater speed, accuracy and reliability
- A powerful new channel for brands to reach shoppers directly in-aisle and post purchase
- Digimarc Barcodes may also be invisibly and inaudibly applied to other printed materials and audio
- ScanLife mobile app is available in the Android and iOS stores
Digimarc Corporation (NASDAQ: DMRC), based in Beaverton, Oregon, is the inventor of the Digimarc® Barcode. The Digimarc Barcode enables industrial scanners, smartphones, tablets, and other computer interfaces to reliably, efficiently and economically identify traditional barcoded items, along with many other media objects. Digimarc Barcodes are imperceptible to humans and do all that visible barcodes do, but even better, and can be applied to virtually all forms of media. These remarkable capabilities have allowed Digimarc and its business partners to supply a wide range of patented consumer engagement, media management, and security solutions across multiple consumer and government industry sectors. Digimarc owns an extensive intellectual property portfolio with patents in digital watermarking, content identification and management, media object discovery, and intuitive computing more generally. Digimarc develops and delivers solutions, licenses its intellectual property, and provides development services to business partners across a range of industries. For more information, please visit www.digimarc.com or contact Digimarc sales at 844-605-8193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scanbuy is the global leader in developing mobile engagement solutions that power intelligent connections between the physical and digital world. The Scanbuy suite of products consists of cloud-based platforms for engagement, marketing, couponing, advertising and much more. Our platforms are used by a wide variety of industries including retail, CPG, restaurant and media to create, manage and monitor dynamic mobile engagement campaigns. The ScanLife mobile app is used by millions of people around the world to discover new information and is available in the Android and iOS stores. To learn more about Scanbuy, please visit http://www.scanlife.com.
Late breaking news – payments, point of sale, mobile apps
- CloudCommerce Unveils Three-Year Growth-by-Acquisition Plan
- Wireless Cash Payment For Self Serve Signs Major Client
- Hiring? Mobile App Lets Users Upload Resume Once, Apply Often
- To Defend Payments Businesses, Banks Must Focus on Customer Pain Points
- SEC Approves MyECheck Form 10 Registration to Be Fully Reporting Public Company
- Shoprunner Enhances VIP Offerings for Global Retail Brands
- LS Retail Introduces Mobile POS to Improve Restaurateurs’ Speed and Efficiency
- Novaux Bundles Epson Printers With Its Windows POS Solution for Restaurants
- JetPay Enhances Management Team Through Addition of Industry Veteran Thomas Tesmer
- MasterCard and P97 Drive Mobile Payments Innovation at Gas Stations and Convenience Stores