Brightpearl Introduces iOS Point of Sale Solution and Integration with PayPal Here
AUSTIN, Texas and BRISTOL, England, July 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Brightpearl, provider of an end-to-end enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution built specifically for high-growth omnichannel retailers, today introduces Brightpearl POS, an iOS point of sale (POS) solution that offers retailers a single view of sales and inventory across all channels. The company also announces a new integration with PayPal’s PayPal Here solution, a global mobile payments solution designed to accept debit or credit card as well as contactless card or smart device payments.
The new Brightpearl POS allows traditional brick and mortar retailers to marry their web-stores and marketplaces in a way that provides a true omnichannel experience for their customers. It offers visibility into inventory over multiple locations, while directly integrating all transactions into Brightpearl’s accounting capabilities. Brightpearl POS supports return processing, collation of sales from multiple store outlets, real-time inventory updates across the business, warehouse visibility, and up-to-date financials. Retailers using Brightpearl POS can reduce retailing errors, improve customer service with this easy-to-use application, and gain visibility both in the back office and at the point of sale.
“Brightpearl POS is a mobile Point of Sale specifically designed for omnichannel retailers. Fully integrated with the Brightpearl retail ERP solution, it allows the merchant to see store performance in real time, and empowers the team with a view of inventory across the entire business, so they can provide great customer service, and never miss a sale,” said Andrew Porter, Chief Product Officer at Brightpearl. “A mobile POS allows the merchant to take the in-store experience on the road, to trade shows, pop ups, or wherever they want to make that sale.
Built from the ground up as a first-class native iOS application that gives full access to the Bluetooth stack and associated hardware, Brightpearl POS automates and streamlines retail within in-store environments and offers the rich, secure user experience associated with iOS. Brightpearl POS is the first omnichannel for POS solution designed specifically for retail that allows merchants to select their own channel. Retailers using Brightpearl POS can:
- Collate all sales orders from both online channels and brick and mortar stores to create a single work stream for all orders
- Access real-time, global inventory data to automatically reserve stock for orders placed and share stock levels with sales channels to avoid costly overselling and missed sales opportunities
- Account for every transactional and financial event occurring across the business as it happens to offer real-time business performance metrics and information
- Track customer contact information, issues and sales for improved, individualized customer service
- Process returns in a structure workflow to track returns to original sales, and ensure accurate and quick refunding that is properly accounted for
- Automate actions to reduce repetition, and establish rules for automatically routing orders as received so that employees can focus on exceptions, which in the end saves considerable time and improves labor efficiency
“With the Brightpearl POS, the most important thing for us is that we can spend less time looking at the screen, and more time looking at our customers. We can have a conversation with them, show them the jewelry and get them involved with what we do here,” said Tom Graham, Ecommerce Manager, at Alex Monroe, a UK-based jewelry company that designs and makes high-quality jewelry in large volumes in-house, and sells through a traditional storefront and worldwide through its online retail operation. The company also works with a diverse selection of partners and prestigious clientele including Buckingham Palace, Kew Gardens, and The Victoria and Albert Museum. Graham advises that “without a system like Brightpearl POS in place, it would be much more difficult to report on the performance of the store, which would make decision-making much more difficult.” More about Alex Monroe’s omnichannel retail success is available at https://youtu.be/2wlkZdbwyh4.
PayPal Here Integration
The PayPal Here integration offers a dynamic payments platform that extends the seamless omnichannel experience gained by the new Brightpearl POS solution. With over 203 million active customers using PayPal worldwide, PayPal Here helps retailers manage and grow their business with ease and can help reduce lost sales opportunities by enabling in person payments, and acceptance of many payment forms including Chip and PIN debit and credit cards, or contactless, including Apple Pay and Android Pay. The in-person payment solution is Europay, MasterCard® and Visa (EMV) certified and PCI compliant. Payments from customers using PayPal Here reach a merchant’s PayPal account usually within minutes after completing a sale, another great benefit for Brightpearl POS users.
For more information on PayPal’s PayPal Here solution visit:
- UK page: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader
- US page: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader
For documentation on setting up Brightpearl and PayPal Here, visit https://help.brightpearl.com/hc/en-us/articles/213867306.
Brightpearl is a powerful-yet-simple retail management system that helps mid-sized retailers and wholesalers expand and compete with larger rivals by streamlining sales and supply chain functions across multiple online and offline channels. Brightpearl’s cloud-based software and services enable omnichannel merchants to manage the heart of their business by combining purchasing, inventory management, CRM, order processing, accounting, fulfillment, and reporting into a single reliable system. Founded in 2008 with offices in the U.S. and UK, Brightpearl is used by more than 1,200 merchants around the world.
Other POS News:
- Meijer Changing the Way Parents Shop for Back-to-School Supplies
- Frost & Sullivan Awards Diebold Nixdorf as Leader in the Self-Checkout Systems Market
- Squadle Expands to Canada to Accelerate Digital Transformation of Multi-unit Restaurants
- Grocery Retailers Must Fulfill New Store-Oriented Requirements to Compete with Amazon
- BIXOLON Co. Ranked Global Leader in Mobile Receipt Printer Market for 4th Consecutive Year
- Ken Aponte Joins Shopgate as Vice President of Customer Success
- Sterling Payment Technologies Announces New Mobile EMV Payment Solution