C&S Selects Rosie as Leading eCommerce Provider for Independent Grocers
ITHACA, N.Y., July 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Rosie, the industry leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web, has partnered with C&S Wholesale Grocers, the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S., to bring customized eCommerce and omni-channel digital marketing programs to their independent grocery retailers across the country. The partnership enables over 3,000 C&S supplied grocery stores across the US to easily implement the industry’s most successful online program at an affordable price, attracting new customers and additional revenue.
“The C&S Family of Companies is very pleased to partner with Rosie as an eCommerce solution for our independent retail customers,” said Frank Puleo, VP Retail Marketing and Services at C&S Wholesale Grocers. “At C&S, we are serious about our responsibility to help independent retailers be successful, and we feel that same commitment from Rosie. The product they developed is best in class, and their commitment to continuous improvement is indicative of the company’s ability to be nimble in this evolving industry. We especially appreciate their high integrity and accessibility, and we look forward to continued mutual success in helping our retail customers compete in the eCommerce environment.”
Rosie has partnerships with 7 C&S retail banners with 19 different locations including:
- P&C Fresh, a 2 store retailer based in Ithaca, New York who launched in both Ithaca and Cortland, NY in May, 2013.
- Highland Park Market, a 4 store retailer in Connecticut, launched Highland In A Hurry Powered by Rosie in January, 2016.
- Ferguson & Hassler, a one store retailer in Quarryville, PA, launched Fergie’s Online Express powered by Rosie in April, 2017.
- Additionally, Gerrity’s Supermarket, a 9 store retailer in Pennsylvania, recently selected Rosie as their eCommerce provider. Gerrity’s will launch their eCommerce program powered by Rosie in August of 2017.
Additional C&S locations will be coming online in the next several weeks.
“We partnered with Rosie in 2013 for online shopping,” said Greg Young, Owner P&C Fresh Markets. “Rosie has given us the ability to have an online option with capabilities that our largest chain competitors do not have. The Rosie platform continues to grow and evolve, staying in tune with the ever-changing needs of online shoppers.”
“One of Rosie’s core company values is that ‘Enthusiasm makes ordinary people extraordinary’ and from the moment we started working with C&S, we saw their enthusiasm for making independent grocers as successful as possible,” said Nick Nickitas, CEO, Rosie. “Offering eCommerce is crucial for independents to remain competitive, especially during a time when the industry is evolving quickly. We are excited to team up with C&S to establish winning digital strategies, develop innovative technology, implement omni-channel marketing programs, and provide world-class support to help these grocers compete against corporate chains.”
“The product is best in class and the organization is at the top of their game,” said Puleo. “There is no bureaucracy. The decision makers are in tune with the industry and are aggressive in their interest to improve their products based on feedback from the field.”
For information about Rosie, visit http://meet.rosieapp.com/
About C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 14,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 140,000 different products. To learn more, visit www.cswg.com.
Other POS News:
- NRF Supports Nominee to Lead Customs Agency
- Mastercard Stands Up For Those Who Stand Up To Cancer #StandUpForThem
- Conformance Technologies Inks Deal with Pivotal Payments
- North American Bancard Holdings Closes on Acquisition of Total Merchant Services
- E-commerce Performance Indicators & Confidence Report Finds 65% of Retailers Sell on Amazon
- Imports Could Hit New Record as Busy Retail Merchants Stock Up
- PlaceIQ and IRI Launch Partnership to Augment IRI’s CPG & Retail Big Data Cloud Offering