Celerant Technology Receives PCI QIR Certification
Celerant ensures every POS implementation complies with PCI DSS Compliance Standards to protect against payment data breaches.
Celerant Technology, a leading provider of omnichannel retail solutions, is now certified as a PCI Qualified Integrator/Reseller (QIR). PCI requires that all POS implementations meet Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS) guidelines. As a QIR organization, Celerant is authorized by PCI to implement, configure and support PA-DSS payment applications.
With this certification, Celerant is responsible and able to ensure all POS installations and configurations are in compliance and validated with the new PA-DSS guidelines, required by PCI. The new PCI requirements mitigate small merchant breaches and reduce the risk of data theft. Any Level 4 merchant must use a PCI-certified QIR solution provider for their POS system.
Celerant’s QIR-certified employees must verify that all PA-DSS guidelines are met. Some of the guidelines include: Ensuring that authentication data (i.e., pin numbers, CAV2, CID, CVC2, CVV2) is never stored after authorization; providing guidance to retailers regarding secure deletion of expired cardholder data; and implementing protection for payment applications using wireless technology. In addition, Celerant is required to complete a Quality Assurance (QA) program and log a detailed record of every installation and configuration.
To become a QIR-certified organization, several Celerant employees completed training on how to securely install, configure and maintain payment applications in compliance with PCI DSS. They also were required to pass the PCI QIR Exam, demonstrating their knowledge of secure PA-DSS installations.
“The security of our client’s data is our top priority,” said Robert Goldman CTO Celerant Technology. “As a leading provider of retail software, becoming a QIR-certified company was a must. Maintaining PCI Compliance can be challenging for many SMB retailers, and as their trusted partner, our goal is do what we can to aid our clients with simplifying their processes.”
Other POS news:
- 13th Annual IRCE Conf To Feature Educational and Inspiring Keynotes By Top Leaders
- Infinite Peripherals Receives Certification for InfineaPay™ Mobile EMV Payment Solution
- Apple to retain dominance of OEM-Pay market for next 5 years – Juniper
- Jeweler Selects Intellicheck’s Retail ID Mobile To Curb Fraud
- Kelly Sayre Joins IHL Group As New Retail/CPG Analyst
- World RFID Smart Label Market – Opportunities & Forecasts to 2022 – Research and Markets
- B2 Payment Solutions Announces New Website that Features a New eCommerce Store
- Adyen Discloses 2016 Revenues of $727 Million, Growing 99% Year-Over-Year