Checkpoint Systems Debuts Its Smallest EAS Tag to Combat Organized Retail Crime
Features Visible Circuitry, Two Layers of Protection that Offer Strong Visual Deterrence Against Theft, Discourages Fencing
NEW ORLEANS – April 10, 2017 – Checkpoint Systems, a leading global supplier of Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) and RFID solutions for the retail industry, today announced here at the Retail Asset Protection Conference the 2928 S “Swat” Micro Tag, its smallest EAS tag with organized retail crime (ORC) leave-behind protection.
Designed for high-theft drugstore, electronics, hard goods, grocery and other retail categories, it optimizes protection for merchandise and reduces shrink – especially by ORC gangs – without obscuring branding and product information.
The clear RF EAS label includes visible circuitry and messaging for a strong visual deterrence against theft. It offers the added protection of an indelible “graphic” that’s left behind on product packaging if the tag’s EAS circuitry layer is forcibly peeled away.
According to Carl Rysdon, Vice President of Inventory Control Solutions for Checkpoint, “The Swat tag is another bullet that retailers now have to protect valuable merchandise often targeted by ORC gangs, such as razor blades, laundry detergent pods and other items. Because it provides two layers of protection, tagged products are extremely difficult to fence.”
Feature highlights include:
- Visible circuit reduces shrink by providing greater visual deterrence than plain labels.
- Clear viewing window protects brand and product information.
- Indelible leave-behind layer remains on packaging as evidence of theft, making it more difficult to fence.
- Easily deactivates at point of sale to speed checkout for an improved customer experience.
- Ideal for EAS tagging at source. Its thin construction is optimized for high-speed automatic application.
- Custom printing options enhance targeted protection and store branding
The 2928 S “Swat” Micro Tag is available from Checkpoint immediately.
About Checkpoint Systems, Inc. (www.checkpointsystems.com)
Checkpoint Systems is a global leader in EAS and RFID solutions for the retail industry, encompassing loss prevention and merchandise visibility in a growing omni-channel environment. A division of CCL Industries, Checkpoint provides source-to-shopper solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory and accelerate the replenishment cycle, while preventing out-of-stocks and reducing theft throughout the supply chain — thus improving the shopper experience. Checkpoint’s solutions are built upon 45 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss prevention solutions, market-leading software, RFID hardware and comprehensive labeling capabilities to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Checkpoint’s customers’ benefit from increased sales and profits by implementing on-shelf availability to ensure the right merchandise is available at the right place and time when consumers are ready to buy.
- Harbortouch and FiveStars Bring Powerful Loyalty Solution to Harbortouch Customers
- FLOW (Global e-commerce) Closes $16 Million Series A Funding
- 13th Annual IRCE Conference To Feature E-Commerce Presentations
- Retail Technology Accelerator Announces its Largest Fund to Date
- NRF Brings Compelling Speakers to #PROTECT 2017
- Payline Launches Platform For Payment Facilitation
- Leading The Way Towards Safer Payments for Children
- Revention Introduces the Order Tracker to Online Ordering Platforms
- Mastercard Makes Mobile Payments in UAE Safer, Simpler and More Convenient with Samsung Pay
- Technical Support Forum For Restaurant Point of Sale