ControlScan Helps Food Giant Supermarkets Protect Customer Data
ATLANTA, Nov. 07, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — ControlScan, a leader in managed security and compliance solutions that help secure networks and protect payment card data, and Food Giant Supermarkets, Inc. are teaming up to protect the 110-store chain and its customers from data thieves.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/2bce869d-f7e3-41f2-a542-30d9b1e3786c
In a newly-released video, Brent Benton, Director of IT for Food Giant, discusses his role in the supermarket chain’s day-to-day operations, including the company’s views on information security and compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
“In today’s environment, our customers are very aware of their personal data and that it is a target for the bad guys,” Benton said. “At Food Giant, we feel it’s our responsibility to do everything we can to keep our customers’ data safe.”
Food Giant protects its customer data through a layered security approach that includes PaySafe UTM managed firewall and PCI 1-2-3 services provided by ControlScan. These combined services ensure that credit card data and other sensitive information remains secure within and beyond the payment process.
“Chain stores face several resource-related challenges when it comes to data security and compliance,” said Mark Carl, CEO, ControlScan. “Our partnership with Food Giant delivers the technologies, expertise and manpower they need to achieve their organizational goals in these areas.”
The two-minute “Food Giant and ControlScan Payment Security, PCI Compliance” video is now viewable on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/N4C4Bm6qnVg. For more information about ControlScan and its complete portfolio of managed security and compliance solutions, please visit ControlScan.com or call 800-825-3301, ext. 2.
ControlScan managed security and compliance solutions help secure networks and protect payment card data, providing a more streamlined path to authentic PCI compliance. Our “We’ve Got Your Back” promise supports thousands of companies by combining deep-seated expertise with superior technologies for services such as managed UTM firewall, network log monitoring and management, and advanced endpoint security. Processors, acquirers, ISOs and payment facilitators also utilize our strategic PCI compliance programs to reduce portfolio risk and strengthen merchant relationships. Headquartered in Atlanta, ControlScan is globally connected through a worldwide base of customers, partners and strategic alliances. For more information about our company and its solutions, please visit ControlScan.com.
Other Point of News Sale
- Windsor Selects Incite From MultimediaPlus For Retail Associate Empowerment & Brand Growth
- Toshiba Wins Best-in-Class Awards in Annual Dealer Survey
- Star Micronics and eMobilePOS Team Up to Deliver Mobile ‘Order-Ahead’ Solution
- Retailers Ask House to Address ‘Real-World Consequences’ of Expanded Joint Employer Rules
- Panamanian Retailer Tova S.A. Selects Aptos to Support Best-in-Class Inventory Management
- Retail Automation Market Worth $19.17 Billion by 2025 | Grand View Research, Inc.
- SOLE Paycards Implemented by JumBurrito for Unbanked Employees
- Arryved Certifies Three Epson POS Receipt Printers
- ScanSource Reports Quarterly Results
- Aevi Appoints Mike Camerling As Managing Director To Head Company’s Growth