Datalogic Joya Touch selected by INCO Cash & Carry for new Automated POS locations
Bologna, October 6, 2016 – Datalogic, a global leader in Automatic Data Capture and Industrial Automation markets, and world-class producer of bar code readers, mobile computers, sensors for detection, measurement and safety, vision systems and laser marking equipment, announces that 600 Joya™ Touch devices are already deployed by inco Cash & Carry at two locations in Denmark. A brand new store in Glostrup and an exciting store in Copenhagen center. These new installations operate with totally automated points of sale.
For over ten years Datalogic has collaborated with Danish company inco Cash & Carry, a leader in the Cash & Carry sector. INCO chose the Joya Touch device for its multi-purpose use and attractive design. The unit will allow the retailer to execute customer applications including Self-Shopping, Queue Busting and Point Collection along with enterprise applications such as price checks, shelf management, pick to order, goods receive and mark downs on the same device.
The new inco store in Glostrup is 100% self-scanning using the Joya Touch device. Customers will scan their loyalty card, collect a Joya Touch device, do their shopping and pay at the self-checkout counter. The stores will be using Shopevolution™ 7, the new omni-channel, cloud-ready middleware from Datalogic. Being a cloud based application, both locations are serviced from the same instance of Shopevolution providing savings to INCO.
“We are pleased to continue our long and strong relationship with an industry leader like INCO Cash & Carry,” states Francesco Montanari, Vice President and General Manager of the Mobile Computing Business Unit at Datalogic. “Shoppers want the speed that fully automated POS offers and combining Joya Touch devices with Shopevolution middleware is the ideal solution. This solution provides the technology and ease of use that deliver a great shopping experience.”
“Our relationship with Datalogic over these many years continues to deliver benefits for our enterprise and customers. We bring our unique retail experience to busy shoppers who are looking for an efficient and fulfilling grocery stop that works with their schedule” says Lars Arndt, COO at inco.
The Joya Touch device selected by INCO includes new SoftSpot™ proprietary technology of Datalogic. SoftSpot offers enhanced comfort to users by allowing them to place the onscreen scanning button anywhere on the device’s large, high-resolution touch screen display. Another Datalogic innovation on the Joya Touch device is ‘Green Spot’ Technology which provides visual confirmation that an item bar code has been read. When scanning bar codes, users see a green spot projected on the bar code when it has been read. The 3-axis accelerometer within the Joya Touch unit automatically rotates the screen for continuous proper orientation.
Luigi Frison, Director Store Automation at Datalogic comments, “The Joya Touch device combined with Shopevolution middleware are the ideal solution to provide the ultimate self-shopping experience for INCO customers. Datalogic has been developing retail solutions for over 40 years and INCO is leveraging our technology to offer their customers an entertaining, rapid and high-level shopping experience which increases brand loyalty and purchase potential”.
The Joya Touch device selected by INCO Cash & Carry has a long list of impressive features including:
- Wireless recharging technology that eliminates the need to clean contacts and reduces maintenance costs
- Full recharging in just 2.5 hours
- Boost recharge function delivers 80 minutes of operation after only 15 minutes of recharging
- Three station dispenser accommodates both handheld and pistol grip models and can be positioned vertically for high visibility or horizontally for high density
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n for dual-band data communication and transmission without interference
- Large 4.3-inch touchscreen FWVGA and QVGA display with Corning ®Gorilla® Glass 3 providing industrial durability
- Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC7) operating system
- Bluetooth®v4 and Beacon technology for in-store geo-localization and easier connection a wide range of devices, including payment systems, headsets and printers
Other exciting point of sale news release:
- Payments Company Payoneer Gets Into Domain Name Escrow Biz
- Quick Service Restaurant IT Market Size, Share, Growth, Trends and
- A Mobile Payments Solution For the Beauty & Barbering Industry
- Sionic Provides OnStar Subscribers Instant, Exclusive Savings and Secure Mobile Checkouts
- US Payments Forum Provides Guidance on Optimizing Speed of EMV Transactions
- Financeit announces $US17 million investment round
- OpenTable Names Jeff Kinder as Head of Consumer Products and Global Marketplaces
- RetailNext Forecasts Black Friday Losing Its Title as the Biggest Shopping Day
Do you have news for the world of point of sale? See the Footer menu below for info on how to get it published.