Digimarc Recognized as Technology Leader
BEAVERTON, Ore., Dec. 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Today Digimarc Corporation (NASDAQ: DMRC), inventor of the Digimarc Discover® platform featuring the imperceptible Digimarc Barcode, announced the company has been recognized for driving innovative solutions into the retail sector. Digimarc is named by ABI Research as a Smart Retail Hot Tech Innovator for 2017. The company was also recognized in IEEE Spectrum for its intellectual property, ranking third for its patent portfolio in the computer software category behind only Microsoft and VMWare, and ahead of software powerhouses including Adobe, Citrix, Oracle, SAP and Symantec.
ABI Research identified solutions and innovative companies that are enabling a retail revolution. According to the firm, the selection criteria for “retail hot tech innovators” identified the companies that are the fastest growing in the retail technology industry based on the number of implementations internationally, and the amount of funds raised from capital investors that will continue to fuel their growth.
In “Patent Power 2017,” IEEE Spectrum reports on intellectual property from leading companies. Its Pipeline Powerrating ranks patent portfolios by number of U.S. patents granted in the most recent full year (2016) and quality, as measured by statistical assessment of important qualities such as growth, impact, originality and general applicability.
Additional information about Digimarc Barcode can be viewed here.
Digimarc Corporation (NASDAQ: DMRC) is a pioneer in the automatic identification of everyday objects such as product packaging and virtually any media, including print, images and audio. Based on the patented Intuitive Computing Platform (ICP™), Digimarc provides innovative and comprehensive automatic recognition technologies to simplify search, and transform information discovery through unparalleled reliability, efficiency and security. Digimarc has a global patent portfolio, which includes over 1,100 granted and pending patents. These innovations include state-of-the-art identification technology, Digimarc Barcode, as well as Digimarc Discover® software for barcode scanning and more. Digimarc is based in Beaverton, Oregon, with technologies deployed by major retailers and consumer brands, central banks, U.S. states, film companies and professional sports franchises, among others. Visit digimarc.com and follow us @digimarc to learn more about The Barcode of Everything™
Other Point of Sale News:
- CARDFREE Universal API Solution Solves for Omni-Channel
- JDA Wins Frost & Sullivan Global Company of the Year Award for New Management Strategy
- NCR OPTIC Completes First Outdoor EMV Transaction
- Southern Bank Optimizes Digital Payments to Deepen Customer Relationships
- Walmart, CVS Health and Tommy Hilfiger to Speak at NRF 2018: Retail’s Big Show
- Electronic Transactions Association Announces 2018 Board of Directors
- Luke’s Lobster Hires Gusto Point of Sale as Their Deck-Hand
- NRF Urges House and Senate to Give Final Approval to Tax Reform
- Irisys to Introduce Vector 4D, EM+ Platform at #NRF18
- ATMIA Publishes Compilation eBook Commemorating The People Behind the ATM