Dominion Marine Media Appoints Former President of Orbitz.com, Sam Fulton, as CEO
NORFOLK, Va., Jan. 25, 2017 — Dominion Marine Media (DMM), the leading global and marketing software solutions provider to marine brokers and dealers, today announced the appointment of Sam Fulton as the company’s CEO. Prior to joining DMM, Fulton served as an SVP of Groupon and as President of Orbitz.com and SVP of U.S. Consumer Travel at Orbitz Worldwide. Ian Atkins, DMM president and marine industry veteran, will be transitioning to the role of company chairman and will advise on industry-specific topics.
“Sam brings over 14 years of experience in building and operating digital businesses. His expertise working at large scale consumer-oriented brands, which drive value for their industry partners each and every day, is a perfect fit for the company,” said Marcelo Gigliani, Partner at Apax Partners. “Sam’s appointment marks an important step in the company’s development as it becomes a more innovative platform focused on leveraging technology to further improve and personalize the boat shopping experience.”
Fulton will provide strategic direction and hands-on guidance as DMM augments its long history of industry expertise with an increasing focus on providing technology-centric solutions for both its industry partners and its consumer audience. The company plans to streamline the often tedious process of boat buying and selling by using its wealth of data to provide a powerful, yet straightforward user experience.
“DMM operates the four market-leading web portals – Boat Trader, YachtWorld, boats.com and CosasDeBarcos. Our brands resonate with consumers and are incredibly effective in generating leads for our industry partners,” said Sam Fulton, CEO, Dominion Marine Media. “Our goal is to create a world-class shopping experience for consumers and market leading-value for our industry partners. I am excited by the opportunity to lead the Dominion Marine Media team as we focus on providing solutions that can better serve our audiences in an increasingly mobile world.”
DMM’s recent data points reveal a dramatic shift in the way consumers shop for boats using mobile devices and are the driving force behind the company’s vision to create a world-class shopping experience across all devices. While mobile traffic continued to increase at 30 percent year on year in 2016 across DMM portals, the sites also saw mobile traffic surpass desktop for the first time. In 2016, 55 percent of the company’s consumer base shopped for boats via mobile devices compared to 48 percent in 2015, a 15 percent increase. User engagement for mobile traffic increased as well, with mobile visitors viewing an average of 18 percent more boat listing pages in 2016 than in 2015.
The announcement follows DMM’s recent acquisition by Funds advised by Apax Partners.Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Operating the world’s largest and most popular recreational marine digital marketplaces – Boat Trader, YachtWorld, boats.com and CosasDeBarcos – DMM attracts over 65 million unique visitors annually to more than 300,000 unique boat and yacht listings. DMM’s digital solutions serve over 5,000 dealers and brokers in more than 143 countries, enabling them to effectively reach in-market consumers, increase dealer and broker inventory turnover, and improve their overall profitability.
About Dominion Marine Media:
Dominion Marine Media (DMM) is the leading global classifieds marketplace and marketing software solutions provider to marine brokers and dealers with an extensive brand portfolio which includes the four market leading web portals:
- Boat Trader, America’s largest boating marketplace with 130,000 boats for sale, helps boat dealers, brokers and private party sellers move more boats than any other resource in the United States.
- YachtWorld, the world’s largest network for brokers and buyers of luxury yachts across 140 countries, boasts the leading broker MLS with over 60,000 boats available for co-brokerage worldwide.
- boats.com, the world’s largest online publisher of marine content with 30,000 expert articles, boat reviews and videos, offers the largest global search engine with more than 250,000 boats for sale in 146 countries.
- CosasDeBarcos, the leading portal in Spain for the buying and selling of boats, renting of boats, mooring and accessories.
To find out more information about Dominion Marine Media, visit: www.dominionmarinemedia.com.
Other point of sale articles of interest:
- Retail Industry Veteran Chris Allan Appointed as SmartFocus CEO
- ScanSource Announces New Leadership Roles
- First American Payment Systems, VetOfficeSuite.com Bring Secure Payment Solutions to Vets
- Time Strapped SME’s Set to Benefit from Appointedd and AEVI Strategic Partnership
- The NPD Group Introduces Price and Promotion Management Service
- Ampronix Discusses Sony’s New Medical Innovations for 2017
- Retail Leader Bob Mariano and Web Security Expert Stuart Scholly Join InContext Solutions’ Board
- Retail Merchants Can Benefit from Proactive and Professional Data Breach Incident Response