Edgecase Announces Record Growth in 2016
More than 130 Million Shoppers Used Data Developed by Edgecase Product Intelligent Platform
Austin, TEXAS – February 28, 2017 – Edgecase today announced significant successes in delivering enriched product meta-data at scale. Edgecase, led by a team of passionate thinkers who have combined the art of human expression with the science of technology, empowers retailers with the enhanced product data and actionable insights required to improve product findability and relevancy, fueling an inspiring shopping experience.
The close of 2016 marked another banner year for Edgecase, including the launch of its industry-leading Product Intelligence Platform, which creates and optimizes product data for e-commerce performance. The purpose-built platform drives improved top-line metrics and removes internal process barriers that lead to inconsistent attribution for retailers across a number of verticals. Additional milestones achieved by Edgecase in 2016 include:
- Strengthening Customer Value: Edgecase saw significant growth in their customer set across all major retail and brand verticals including apparel, beauty, and home goods. They also tripled their presence in the mass merchant space with the addition of an industry leading multi-channel retailer. Among others, Edgecase announced Lancôme’s online customer experience powered by its Product Intelligence Platform and the launch of its Adaptive Navigation Solution with Sur La Table.
- Product Intelligence Platform Impact: Edgecase’s Product Intelligence Platform created, on average, 10,000 product attributes per day and supported customers’ peak demand of over 130,000 attributes per day during seasonal catalog changes. In an effort to perfect the platform with the optimal blend of humans and machine intelligence, Edgecase trained over 1,000 machine learning models while delivering 100% quality in e-commerce optimized data.
- Real-World Results: In 2016 alone, Edgecase saw more than 130 million consumers use the company’s data while shopping online, influencing $38 million in sales as shoppers journey through superior online experiences to a purchase decision.
- Edgecase Ignite Partner Program: The company welcomed 16 partners to its Edgecase Ignite partner program, which combines leading e-commerce technology and service providers focused on solving big data challenges to deliver superior shopper experiences.
Additionally, Edgecase was chosen as a 2016 Gartner Cool Vendor for Digital Commerce Marketing. According to the report, consumer expectations of compelling shopping experiences are pushing marketers to enhance and evolve their digital commerce strategies and marketing efforts. With a focus on providing enriched product data and unique intelligence that optimizes product discovery for shoppers, Edgecase believes there is a unique opportunity for tools like its Product Intelligence Platform to make an impact on the entire shopping experience.
“In today’s retail reality, there are no shortcuts to providing the very best shopping experience for savvy, all-knowing consumers who are connected to their favorite brands and retailers 24/7. The Edgecase team is dedicated to working with our clients to optimize their product data and ultimately, fuel better shopping experiences,” said Susanne Bowen, CEO, Edgecase. “We are proud of our continued growth and success delivering game-changing technology to remove the rigidity of customers’ product data management and increase the quality of product attribute data as it better aligns to how consumers shop leading retailer and brand websites.”
Edgecase empowers retailers and brands with the enriched product data and actionable insights necessary to improve product findability and relevancy – fueling an inspiring shopping experience. Our powerful cloud platform brings together the best of machine intelligence and human curators to create, manage and optimize product attribute data at the scale, speed, and quality retailers demand. The power of Edgecase data is changing the game for retail and brand leaders such as Pier1, Lancôme, Crate and Barrel, and Urban Decay. Edgecase was founded in 2012 and is based in Austin, Texas. The team is comprised of passionate and innovative thinkers who know that company success is created through the powerful combination of unique technology, expertise and deep client relationships.
Other Point of sale blogs of interest:
- Smartrac to Present Game-Changing Retail RFID and IoT Solutions at #EuroShop
- APG Presents New Cash Drawer Models at EuroShop 2017
- Retailers Respond to President’s Address to Congress
- Retailers Say Association Health Plans Would Make Insurance More Affordable for Small Businesses
- Smart Label Market Analysis By Technology (EAS, RFID), By Component (Transceivers, Memories), By
- ATMIA Publishes ATM Cyber Security Briefing Paper