Software Update Makes Deploying Elo Touchscreens for In-Store E-Commerce Easier Than Ever
New Attract Loop, Navigation Bar, Two Browser Engine Choices and Developer Zone for APIs Create Robust Platform for Bringing Responsive Websites and Apps in-Store
MILPITAS, CA–(Marketwired – Mar 16, 2016) – Elo, a global supplier of digital touchscreen solutions, today announced an updated version of its EloView® content delivery and device management software platform. EloView helps retailers bring existing online marketing content in store by providing an affordable, scalable and simple solution for automated deployment to Elo interactive signage across multiple locations. The new EloView expands on the core capabilities by enabling businesses to rapidly deploy content, mobile apps and responsive websites to touchscreens in store and manage them, helping create brand consistency at every digital touchpoint.
Shopper demand for integration between online and offline channels is growing, as is the need for digital touchpoints in-store. Furthermore, the delivery of consistent brand experiences at the shopper point-of-decision is proven to help sell more in-store by attracting, engaging and educating shoppers. The EloView software-as-a-service platform instantly turns any Elo touchscreen into a public-facing interactive experience portal. EloView enables this by providing device management, content delivery and integration with existing content management systems, making it easy to deliver content to multiple Elo touchscreen devices across many locations. The new EloView retains its core features in four areas, including kiosk mode, auto-provisioning, content delivery and device management, such as over-the-air updates.
New features include:
- Attract loop capability to play video or a collection of images when a touchscreen is idle;
- A navigation bar that allows access to multiple apps for employee-facing devices;
- Two choices for browser engines and settings that can be applied from the EloView portal; and
- A developer zone central location for partners to access cloud- and device-level APIs.
“EloView has been a huge hit with customers, and we’ve incorporated frequently requested features like the attract loop and navigation bar into this new release,” said Neeraj Pendse, director of interactive digital signage at Elo. “EloView has quickly proven itself as a simple way to deploy already developed marketing assets to in-store locations across the globe quickly, and we will continue to invest in our open architecture approach for integration with content management systems, point of sale software and mobile device management tools.”
The new features in EloView are available immediately on the I-Series small format devices with a software update. Updates to large format interactive digital signage computer modules and Elo PayPoint® will be released in April.
The EloView platform and the full line of 10- to 70-inch interactive touchscreen displays will be available to demo live at the Digital Signage Expo on March 16-17 in Las Vegas, Elo booth #2634.
Elo is a global leader in touchscreen solutions, including point of sale systems and interactive signage displays from 10 to 70 inches. The inventor of the touchscreen, Elo now has 20+ million retail and hospitality installations in 80+ countries, with products designed in California and built to last, with a 3-year standard warranty. The Elo touchscreen experience has consistently stood for quality, reliability and innovation. Elo intellectual property is protected by global patent, trademark and design registrations. Learn more about EloView at EloView.com, Elo’s interactive displays at EloInteractive.com and Elo’s corporate website at EloTouch.com.
Elo, the Elo logo, EloView, EloInteractive and PayPoint are trademarks of Elo Touch Solutions, Inc. and its affiliates.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
MORE POINT-OF-SALE NEWS:
- Unified Grocers Expands Retail Tech and Partners with NCBP Point of Sale Solutions
- Virtual Reality and Payment Wearables Tee Off at the Arnold Palmer Invitational
- Hermes’ BorderGuru Announces Partnership with the Alibaba Group and Cainiao
- Qualcomm and Acuity Collaborate to Deploy Technology for Precise Indoor Location
- Retailing in the United Arab Emirates
- Payment Savvy Launches New Fee Solution with Complimentary Payment Processing
- VMob Appoints Retail and Marketing Innovation Executive Jen Millard as CRO
- Vanya Manova Appointed as MasterCard Country Manager for Bulgaria and Macedonia
- Elo Announces New Large Format Touchscreen Interactive Digital Signage Displays