EMVCo Invites the Payments Community to Gain Insight into Latest Initiatives
30 January 2018 – EMVCo, the global technical body that manages the EMV® Specifications, has announced its tenth annual EMV User Meeting will be held in San Diego, USA on 20-21 June, 2018. The two-day event, which takes place at Marriott San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, provides a forum for payment industry stakeholders to gain insight into EMVCo’s mission, structure and current technical activities, as well as directly engage with the technical body’s subject matter experts.
Jack Pan, EMVCo Executive Committee Chair, comments: “In recent years, the payments ecosystem has expanded to incorporate new technologies across both the face-to-face and remote payment environments. EMVCo is committed to evolving the EMV Specifications to promote global interoperability and enhance security, as demonstrated by recent activities spanning EMV Payment Tokenisation, EMV 3-D Secure, EMV Secure Remote Commerce and EMV QR Code payments. In parallel to these latest initiatives, EMVCo is continuing to advance the EMV Chip Specifications, providing a secure foundation for face-to-face payments.”
EMVCo encourages all EMV Specification users to attend the meeting to receive the latest updates on current work priorities and technological developments. The meeting will be of interest to all payments ecosystem participants, including payment card issuers, acquirers, merchants, processors, card and terminal vendors, networks, and their respective associations.
To join the proceedings, participants must be an EMVCo Associate or Subscriber. An early bird rate for EMVCo Subscriber registrations confirmed before 15 April 2018 is USD $295. After this date, the meeting registration fee will be USD $495. EMVCo Business Associates and EMVCo Technical Associates are entitled to complimentary meeting registration for one and three passes, respectively.
To register for the EMVCo User Meeting and for further details on the EMVCo Associates Programme and Subscriber Programme
Other Point of Sale News
- Momentum Cyber’s Inaugural Report Reveals Record-Breaking Activity in 2017
- NRF 2018: Star Micronics Offers First Look at New, Innovative Solutions
- Electronic Payments Certifies Epson TM-m30 POS Receipt Printer
- ATMIA Launches EMV Survey To Gauge ATM Channel Progress In U.S.
- RBS Selects NBC PrismPOS
- FinTech Startup Raises Series A Capital for Payments Fraud Solution
- Voice Commerce, Software Solutions Top Trends in 2018, Finds Market Spotlight
- RevCascade Launches Influencer Commerce Platform “Souler”
- Quotient Technology & Albertsons Companies Launch Retailers New Data-Driven Media Platform
- Mastercard Launches ‘Start Something Priceless’ Movement: Make 2018 Your Year of Action