Epson and Sensics Collaborate to Enable Cross-Platform Content Creation for Epson Moverio
LOS ANGELES and COLUMBIA, Md., Jan. 3, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Epson®, providers of the Moverio® augmented reality (AR) smart glasses platform, today announced the availability of a device plug-in based on the Open Source Virtual Reality (OSVR) platform to enable cross-platform content creation for Moverio software developers. The integration was made in collaboration with Sensics, creators of OSVR and a leading provider of special-purpose virtual reality (VR) and AR solutions.
Epson Moverio BT-300
OSVR is a multi-OS middleware layer that seamlessly connects popular applications and game engines to hundreds of VR and AR devices using a common universal interface. By downloading the device plug-in, Moverio developers can:
- Use Unity and a wide selection of other standard tools to create content for the Moverio platform;
- Run existing OSVR content on the Moverio;
- More easily integrate peripherals such as positional tracking sensors or natural human interfaces with Moverio applications;
- Gain access to image analysis and AR toolkits that are pre-integrated with OSVR.
“We are excited to add Epson and their strong line of augmented reality products to the list of devices supported by OSVR,” says Yuval Boger, CEO of Sensics. “Our experience shows that enterprise customers seek multi-vendor solutions that can be upgraded over time and OSVR makes this process exceptionally easy.”
“This collaboration between Epson and Sensics enables OSVR developers to easily port existing games and apps to Epson’s Moverio augmented reality smart glasses, and provides existing Moverio developers with powerful new tools and resources for building rich new content,” says Leon Laroue, Technical Product Manager of Augmented Reality Solutions at Epson America.
Sensics designs, builds and supports VR and AR products for special applications. Since 2003, Sensics has served hundreds of global customers. It delivers high-performance off-the-shelf products as well as customized designs. Sensics’ products enable unique entertainment, consumer electronics, defense, medical and industrial applications. The company leverages its technology, experience, IP, supply chain, partner relationships and innovation. In doing so, Sensics brings its customers’ VR dreams to life.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 80,000 employees in 86 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Other Point of Sale News
- Cegid Debuts Groundbreaking POS Omni-channel Solution At #NRF2018
- Fastfood.AI SMS Chatbot Product Announcement
- A Case Study on Reducing Risks and Improving Business Performance
- Chinese Dark Horse Set to Challenge Global Giants With New Checkout Experience
- Net Element Announces $7.55 Million Investment to Support Blockchain-Focused Developments
- Pundi X Starts Bringing Cryptocurrencies to Physical Stores in 2018
- Jubilee Cryptocurrency Exchange enters partnership with DigiBank
- Reshaping Consumer Insight by Big Data and AI
- Ludlow Research Upgrades Coverage on Integrated Ventures on Blockchain & Bitcoin Mining
- Forever 21 Reports Findings from Investigation of Payment Card Security Incident