Epson Introduces TM-T20II Ethernet Plus POS Printer #NRF17
New Solution Offers Convenient and Flexible Connectivity for Retail and Hospitality Customers
New York, NY, January 16, 2017– Today, at the National Retail Federation’s 105th Annual Convention and Expo, Epson America, Inc., a leading supplier of value-added Point of Sale (POS) solutions, introduced the new TM-T20II Ethernet Plus single station thermal receipt printer. Ideally suited for small to medium retail and hospitality businesses, it offers seamless connectivity for printing directly from tablets, mobile devices and web-based applications. It also enables customers to add wireless connectivity without having to replace their printers or interfaces. The new printer is available from Epson authorized channel partners now. Epson will be demonstrating the new solution at NRF, January 15- 17 at the Javits Convention Center, NYC, booth # 3343.
The TM-T20II Ethernet Plus incorporates Epson’s unique ePOS™ Print Service technology, which supports web-based printing from any mobile device. In addition to built-in Ethernet, it includes a USB host port as standard, which provides customers the ability to add wireless connectivity through the use of an Epson wireless adapter (OT-WL02). Mobile POS configurations enable switching from legacy PC POS to mobile POS systems with ease. With low total power consumption, reduced paper usage and options to add coupons to receipts, the TM-T20II Ethernet Plus is the ideal receipt printer for small-to-medium enterprises. It replaces the existing TM-T20II.
“Ethernet is quickly becoming one of the most popular connectivity options,” said Gregg Brunnick, director of product management for POS Printers and Robotics, Epson America Inc. “As this standard is now incorporated into our new TM-T20II Ethernet Plus with the option of adding wireless connectivity, customers in a variety of industries can enjoy all the benefits, including efficiency, low cost, convenience, and enhanced mobility that are so important for a successful POS environment.”
TM-T20II Ethernet Plus Key Features
– Flexible connectivity with built-in Ethernet and a USB host port providing merchants with the ability to add wireless connectivity through an Epson wireless adapter (OT-WL02)
– Utilizes Epson’s ePOS Print technology for printing from mobile devices and web-based applications
– Easy connectivity of mobile devices over the wireless network using Epson’s “Simple AP” functionality
– Print options support couponing and promotional messaging to be added to receipts (Windows only)
– Provides options to reduce paper usage by up to 30%
– Low total power consumption with standby power reduced by 80% over the predecessor model
– Mobile POS friendly printer compatible with IOS, Android and Windows mobile devices
– All-in-one-box accessories and software
– Print speed up to 200mm/sec
For more information on the TM-T20II, please visit epson.com/p/C31CD52A9912
About Epson America, Inc.
Founded in 1975 and headquartered in Long Beach, CA, Epson America, Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. For over 40 years, Epson’s advanced technology has been at work in millions of POS systems around the world. Today Epson’s Business Systems Division continues to bring industry-leading, open architecture, smart technologies to the point of service. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonAmerica).
EPSON is a registered trademark and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. EPOS is a trademark of Epson America. All other trademarks and/or registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Other Point of Sale blogs of interest:
- Samsung and Total Merchant Services Announce Availability of Groovv POS Flex #NRF17
- Zebra Technologies Delivers “Visibility That’s Visionary” at #NRF17
- Yankee Candle Selects Toshiba & Certified Retail Solutions to Transform Store Experience #NRF17
- Toshiba Enables Brilliant Commerce at NRF Retail Big Show 2017 #NRF17
- NRF Launches RISE Up Education and Credentialing Program to Help People Secure Jobs in Retail
- ID TECH RELEASES ViVOpay 4880 LINE #NRF17