Epson Launches New OmniLink Multifunction POS Receipt Printer
New York, NY, January 15, 2017– Today, at the National Retail Federation’s Annual Convention and Expo, Epson America, Inc., a leading supplier of value-added Point of Sale (POS) solutions, announced the OmniLink® TM-H6000V multifunction thermal receipt printer. Designed with significant business critical improvements, it is ideal for merchants in retail as well as financial institutions that want to enhance the overall transaction experience for their customers. Available from Epson authorized channel partners now, Epson will be demonstrating the new solution at NRF, January 14- 16 at the Jacob K.Javits Convention Center, NYC, booth #4033.
According to the November, 2017 Grocery Tech Trends Study by RIS News and Progressive Grocer, POS is the core of the store for grocery retailers (and other retail segments, too). It not only manages checkout and keeps a record of transactions, but it connects the information to dozens of other essential enterprise applications. The study adds that despite downplaying the immediate threat of Amazon, a huge majority of grocers (85%) clearly believe that developing their own digital capabilities should be placed at the top of their tech investment priority list. Epson recognizes this and ensures merchants have access to the latest POS solutions that help provide the essential capabilities they need.
Designed with significant business critical improvements, the OmniLink TM-H6000V multifunction hybrid printer supports advanced functionality to ‘future proof’ the product for many years to come. With dynamic multi-interface connectivity (including built-in Ethernet and USB interfaces), it can be shared by mobile devices and legacy POS terminals. Designed for the cloud, the TM-H6000V helps businesses leverage printing from Web-based apps including online ordering services, so they’re ready for the ever-changing world of retail. Remote printer monitoring1 means less down time and an intuitive control panel provides clear error indications. The TM-H6000V also facilitates distributed proximity-based printing with Beacon2 and NFC3 technologies, and offers advanced paper-saving features.
“Today’s retailers and merchants require affordable POS solutions that can grow with their businesses and boost their customers’ overall transaction experiences,” said Gregg Brunnick, director of product management for POS Printers, Epson America Inc. “To accomplish that, they need their hybrid solutions to support multiple transaction workflows with built-in future proofing features. Our new OmniLink TM-H6000V allows customers to transact nearly anywhere and anytime, lessens solution down time and creates fewer service calls. And in bringing our OmniLink TM-T88VI’s advanced connectivity and horsepower to this new multifunction printer, we are meeting the latest requirements so they can stay ahead of the competition.”
OmniLink TM-H6000V Key Features
- Connect to multiple devices ― printer can be dynamically shared by legacy POS terminals, tablets and mobile devices, as well as cloud servers
- Triple-interface connectivity to future-proof growing businesses ― maximum flexibility with three options, including built-in USB and Ethernet
- Less down time ― remote monitoring of the printer’s status and part life expectancy1
- Fewer service calls ― intuitive control panel with visual error notifications
- Designed for the cloud ― supports printing from Web-based applications utilizing Epson’s ePOS™ print technology; plus, utilize Server Direct Printing for online ordering support
- Distributed proximity-based printing ― through Epson’s Beacon support using BLE (Bluetooth® Low Energy)2; and, through NFC (Near Field Communication) technology for easy pairing with mobile devices3
- Advanced paper-saving functions for thermal receipts ― top-margin and character height reduction features help reduce paper usage by up to 47 percent4
- Reliability ― printhead reliability of 200 km and extended auto cutter life of 3 million cuts
- Fast transaction times ― print speeds up to 350 mm/sec6, plus a high-speed auto cutter
- Fast check processing ― high MICR reader accuracy
About Epson America, Inc.
Founded in 1975 and headquartered in Long Beach, CA, Epson America, Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. For over 40 years, Epson’s advanced technology has been at work in millions of POS systems around the world. Today Epson’s Business Systems Division continues to bring industry-leading, open architecture, smart technologies to the point of service.
Other Point of Sale News
- Epson Adds Two Iconex Media Solutions to its List of Tested Media
- Displaydata to Showcase Augmented Reality Navigation Demo with Aisle411 at NRF 2018
- CompuCom Unveils the ‘Self Healing Store’ to Help Retailers Beat Technology Downtime
- Bango Launches Resale Technology with Amazon in India
- RichRelevance Launches the New Era of Experience Personalization
- Avery Dennison’s Intelligent Label Technology is Changing the Retail Game at #NRF2018 Expo
- Hughes Systique and Hughes Network Systems Launch WiFi Analytics Solution at #NRF2018
- OneView Commerce Brings Order Management to the Next Level for Omnichannel Retailers
- Cutting-Edge Array of Self-Serve Automation from Apex Helps Retail Build Business
- Esri and UberMedia Help Retailers Understand the Path to Purchase
- Visa Brings Sensory Branding to Merchants, Terminal Manufacturers and Developers